AudioBookFans's Reviews > Knife Music

Knife Music by David Carnoy

Aug 10, 10

Read in August, 2010

This audiobook kept me asking "What's really going on?!" as I clung to my iPod waiting on the next twist. The story is captivating and intense and David Carnoy makes a big splash with this debut novel. One thing annoyed me. Way too many times we were taken back and forth between past and present and at points it left me very confused. Thankfully, I was able to figure it out quickly and keep moving with Carnoy's plot twists.

I was extremely impressed with the medical terminology in this novel. Within minutes from starting the book, medical terms and conditions are thrown at you correctly. Correctly is what blew my mind. Normally, you tune into daytime dramas and watch them squirm to try to not only pronounce and correctly use words but to continue their bad acting. Carnoy's use of medical terminology was spot on and for me, made things more real.

I love audiobooks that I can close my eyes and feel like I'm in the story. This was definitely one. I'm not disclosing much about how the story turns out because this is an awesome audiobook and in my opinion, is bound to hit many ears.

Narrator review: Here's where things get kind of ugly... I give props to Mr. Tabori for his extensive career and previous Audie Award, however I won't be picking up any more books that he narrates. He did a great job being clear and crisp with his speaking but it bored me to tears. The first chapters where the worst and made me want to turn off the book and start on something different. I could compare his voice to my grandfather's (God rest his soul) that is soothing and kind, but I didn't think it seemed appropriate for this gripping book. I guess if I need someone to rock my kids to sleep, I could let them listen to Tabori.

Check out our other reviews at

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Knife Music.