Jamie K's Reviews > Awakened

Awakened by P.C. Cast

2043447
Feb 02, 11

Read from January 17 to February 01, 2011

This book picks up right where Burned left of with Zoey and Stark returning from Nyx's realm and deals with the repercussions of Neferet and her alliance with Kalona. We also see the results of Stevie Rae's relationship and imprint with Rephaim.

This book was probably one of my least favorite in the series so far. I don't feel like enough happened, as there was constant recap from the overlap of all the changing of viewpoints. The book also had too many current pop culture references that seemed a bit out of placed and forced. I feel like many of them were thrown in because its something that is popular now. I also found at least half a dozen typos. In addition, it is worth noting that this book has some very mature scenes that I would not consider appropriate for much of the ya audience.

All of this aside there were some great moments in the book as well as some interesting twists that I didn't expect. But I am still left only feeling slightly interested by what I read as it was only comprised of some great moments and surprises in between a lot of recap and slowly dragging story.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Awakened.