Leanne Bell's Reviews > Inheritance

Inheritance by Christopher Paolini

I loved this book though it was with a sad heart that I said goodbye to a much loved series. I first started reading the Inheritance Cycle when it was originally going to be a trilogy and it was well over five years ago I first picked up Eragon while looking for something new to read.
Like the other books in the series, this is not a light read and at 860 pages this is the longest in the series by far and there is a lot of description to read through in-between the events. I personally think it could have been cut down a little and it wouldn't have suffered, but this is just Paolini's style (a bit like JRR Tolkein's) and it doesn't detract from the reading enjoyment.

All the loose ends are pretty much tied up in this and although I personally found the ending bitter sweet, I have to admit it was an incredible ending. All the favourite characters are back and in my opinion Eragon and Saphira are even better than ever in this instalment, especially considering what they've been through.
There are twists and turns throughout the novel and I was very impressed with the plot and the way it all came together in the end. Was Galbatorix defeated? I won't spoil that for you, but what I will say is to expect the unexpected. This is a heart-wrenching adventure with imaginative scope so wide I'm still wondering how Mr Paolini thought of it all. This is easily one of the most epic books of 2011.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Inheritance.

11/08/2011 page 6
1.0% "Lol"
11/10/2011 page 85
10.0% "wow, this is gonna take some time..."
11/12/2011 page 182
21.0% "quickly updating before bed...clearly this will take time"
11/13/2011 page 210
25.0% "it would help if I wasn't so knackered and kept falling asleep..."
11/15/2011 page 312
37.0% "getting there...read a good hundred pages in Costa drinking Hot chocolate :)"
11/16/2011 page 390
46.0% "I haven't read such a long book in a long time..."
11/18/2011 page 461
54.0% "it's all kicking off! and im ill so I don't have the energy for much besides reading and dragging myself to work"
11/19/2011 page 506
60.0% "wow"
11/20/2011 page 530
62.0% "lmao...giant snails!!!"
11/21/2011 page 630
74.0% "bring it on! I will finish this by the end of tomorrow!"
show 1 hidden update…