Angela's Reviews > The Vampire Sextette

The Vampire Sextette by Marvin Kaye

Aug 09, 10

bookshelves: bookring, vampire
Read in October, 2005, read count: 1

** spoiler alert ** First tale by Kim Newman The Other Side of Midnight - took me a long time to read it. I dug the pop culture references (I have always loved Columbo) but, it was a slow read. Not my favorite

Second tale by Nancy Collins Some Velvet Morning - WOW! I dig Sonja, and it makes me want to seek out more Collins stories!!

Third tale by Brian Stableford Sheena - I enjoyed the story. It had a little bit of a twist, and I liked that.

Fourth tale by S.P. Somtow Vanilla Blood - told with court transcripts (and I have been to court many a time, this would never happen) But...although I think there were a few things that he could have alluded to rather than having someone say, it was over all a great tale.

Fifth tale by Chelsea Quinn Yarbro In the Face of Death - my favorite of the six. I truly enjoyed the writing style and the tale itself.

Sixth tale by Tanith Lee The Isle is full of Noises - the reason that finished has quotes. I read a few pages into this one, and the style is not easy for me to read, not enjoyable at all. Perhaps it is more literary? and I am just not in that mode right now? I couldn't finish it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Vampire Sextette.