Holly's Reviews > The Iron Duke

The Iron Duke by Meljean Brook

Re-read 3/11 - Same reaction this re-read. I love the book, but the ending left me wanting more (and not necessarily in a good way). Cripes, is the next book out YET?

______________

Re-read 9/10 - I decided to do a quick skim-through of this novel before writing a full review for it, and ended up re-reading cover-to-cover. It was even better the second time.

I was more disappointed in the ending this time around. I think because I wasn't ready for the story to end. I wanted more; More Mina and Rhys, more Yasmeen, more Scarsdale, more Blacksmith, more machines, more..everything. Meljean needs to write faster.

____________

I adored the setting. Though I'm not a steampunk aficionado, I was totally wrapped up in the world with all the machines and etc. I loved both main characters, especially Rhys. Watching him fall was beautiful. Mina was also wonderful. She was the perfect mix between strong and vulnerable. She reminded me somewhat of Eve Dallas.

I loved the action and adventure and can't wait for the next installment (not due out for a whole year! The horror!).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Iron Duke.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Eva (TXBookjunkie) I can't wait to read this! October seems so far away...

Kmont Mmm - nice little tease (totally mean that, not snarky at all, heh)! I'm excited to read this one. ;)

Chrystal Mena Wentorth and The Invisible City comes out August 7th. Cant wait for it!!!
I just started Heart of Steel. Its Yasmeens and Archamedes (sp?) story. So far I am liking it.

Holly I'll be interested to see what you think of Riveted (the one that comes out next). It's..different.