Kira's Reviews > Sisters Red

Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce

I am hereby going to amend my review.

I was bored the other day and decided to look back at all my old reviews. I think this was one of the first I ever wrote, and one of the first YA books I read. I read it before I read the T-word. Yeah. That was like, AGES ago. Practically the stone age.

Anyway, I've been on something of a YA journey of discovery since I read this. As a result, everything I felt toward it has been erased and changed completely. I liked this like I might have liked Fallen, when I was eleven and idealistic. I missed so many of the undercurrents here that I'm shocked and confused, mainly at myself.

I do remember the writing being good, though. That's one thing.

I'll be back, bitches. With a vengeance.

BONUS TIME!

Here's a list of some of the more annoying tropes in Sisters Red:

Annoying.

More Annoying.

Even More Annoying.

Extremely Fucking Annoying.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sisters Red.

Quotes Kira Liked

Jackson Pearce
“Would I trade that in, give it away for the hunt? I stumble down the stairs of a subway. No. I couldn’t trade it in again. Not now that I know what it is to be loved. Not now that I’ve stepped out of the cave and into the sun.”
Jackson Pearce, Sisters Red

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kira (last edited Aug 25, 2011 11:27AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kira Twilight.

*shudders*

YOU HAVE TUCKER ON THE BRAIN, GIRL!

(I don't blame you.)

message 2: by Annie (new)

Annie You've got so many awesome links it kills me. Where do you find all this stuff?

Kira Tv Tropes and Idioms! The best place for awesome links. Some other links I just stumble over, and a few I receive from friends. In finding awesome links, a straight-up Google search really is your best friend.

message 4: by Annie (new)

Annie Hm. Simple, yet effective.

message 5: by Petra (new)

Petra Tv tropes is heaven on toast.

Despair Speaking Scarlett and her action scenes were the only reason I actually finished the book.

Kira Despair wrote: "Scarlett and her action scenes were the only reason I actually finished the book."

The action scenes were pretty good, that's true.