Tim's Reviews > The Poet

Aug 09, 10

bookshelves: crime-fiction, fiction
Read in August, 2010

description
I am undoubtedly a Michael Connelly fan, however I have tended to read the books out of sequence so references to the poet didn't mean a whole lot before.

I have greatly enjoyed his books but few have lived up entirely to the promise of the first one I read "Chasing the Dime". That is until I read this one, it is vintage Connelly, providing lots of detail and imagery and getting you thinking that you know where it's going, even having the characters agree with you that you are right only to find that you are wrong after all.

The story and the plot are equally out of the box, suicides that turn out to be murders, is there only one perpetrator or two? All great stuff.

The giveaway the amount of pages left when it looks as though you are approaching a conclusion, the twist in the twist in the tail, makes for great reading and a book with both a satisfying conclusion and yet still space for more.
This is a great read and even amongst Connelly's other writings I would have to put this one near the top of the pile.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Poet.