Lady Allison's Reviews > Nightshade

Nightshade by Andrea Cremer

Feb 04, 11

bookshelves: wolves, ya, epub
Read from February 02 to 03, 2011

Calla Tor is a Guardian, a shapeshifter. She knows what her life is as an alpha - take care of her pack, unite with the sexy & tempting alpha, Ren, & guard the Keepers. That is, until she saves a human from a bear attack, & Shay Doran completely changes everything.

I really enjoyed this book, it was intense, action packed & it didn't pile on the world building but slowly introduced you to it as part of the mystery. The characters become your friends easily, the love triangle is incredibly frustrating, & you're just as torn as Calla is with where she should go & who she should be with.

The ending is a CRAZY cliffhanger, but the second book, Wolfsbane (Nightshade, Book 2) by Andrea Cremer comes out in July. A very promising start to what looks like a great series.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nightshade.

Lady Allison Thanks, sweetheart! I totally recommend it!

LethalLovely~Maybe I've Always Been More Comfortable in Chaos Yay! I'll be putting on hold at the library soon. Probably next month. The cover is really beautiful.

Lady Allison It is isn't it? It's one of my favorite things about YA, they have really stepped up with their covers.

LethalLovely~Maybe I've Always Been More Comfortable in Chaos Ja but that's a double edged sword. Now there are lots of wonderful covers hiding crappy books. Trickery!

Lady Allison LOL, so true, m'dear!