Frank's Reviews > The Blade of Shattered Hope

The Blade of Shattered Hope by James Dashner

Aug 17, 10

Read from August 14 to 17, 2010

I'm not sure how to rate this book. I'd like to give it a 5 and also a 1. It was a super read and I ended up reading the whole thing in two days which is amazing for me. The old characters were all there and as good as ever. The pace was fast from the very beginning. Up to the last four pages or so I would have given it a five star. In fact I have a list of some of his other books and now I'm not sure I want to read them. The end of the book is really not the end. It is written like a trilogy and you have to get the next book coming out in 2011 to find out what happens. His prior two books didn't do that so I really didn't expect it in this one. And the book really was so good it was very big let down for me and he has come off my list of authors I want to read. For others it might not be a big issue and if not this might be a great book for you. The book has an ending of sorts but not for the main character and the very end of the book is really the start of the next book. If you like that sort of ending then you'll love this book. I don't like that sort of ending, or lack there of, and so will probably read no more of his books. So that is the reason for the three stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Blade of Shattered Hope.