Kerste's Reviews > Flat-Out Sexy

Flat-Out Sexy by Erin McCarthy

Dec 23, 13

bookshelves: contemporary-romance, race-car-drivers, favorites
Recommended for: racecardriver romance fans
Read from April 10 to 11, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 3

So based on my rating and the speed with which I finished this book, one could surmise that I very much enjoyed it.

It's a quick read and the Hero, Elec (horrible name) was sweet beyond belief. And even though Tamara comes across as a bit of a worry-wart, I can totally identify with her, since she's the mom of two kids (like me). It's a little weird that there's some big rift between the Monroe's and the Briggs', but it never really comes out what the problem was and then suddenly, it resolves, also without explanation and everyone's happy at the end, but since I don't really care about that conflict, I'll give it a pass. (In a perfect world that whole aspect of the book would just cease to exist)

I loved ALL the characters in this set and I am REALLY looking forward to Book #2 and #3 and how many ever Erin writes. Love me some hot racecardrivers.

After my 2nd read of this book, my opinion remains the same. Elec is sweet, Tamara is believable. The rift between the Monroe's and the Briggs' doesn't make sense and resolves unbelievably. After reading 6 or 7 books in this series, this remains my absolute favorite.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Flat-Out Sexy.

04/10/2011 page 49
17.0% "So I know it's going to be a good book when on page two I can quote: "I could handle a metrosexual man...Hell, waxed balls make my life easier. Smoother, anyway." Any book that mentions waxed balls on page 2 gets my vote! And in the 47 pages since, it hasn't let me down. I'm fully on board and loving this book already!"
04/11/2011 page 150
52.0% "This book is hot and heavy and I'm loving it. I really don't think anyone like Elec actually exists, he's FAR too sweet. Ty is HILARIOUS and the Ryder/Suz interactions are chuckle worthy as well. All around, fabulous so far.

But I do hate the sloppy editing. The first time they knock boots, Elec is standing outside the coach in dress pants, but somehow when he gets inside, he's magically wearing jeans. Ugh."
01/29/2013 page 76
26.0% "Out of the whole series, this is my favorite. I have been casually looking to buy my own copy for a while and I finally got it! I'm going to enjoy the whole ride!"