Rebecca's Reviews > Deceptively Delicious: Simple Secrets to Get Your Kids Eating Good Food

Deceptively Delicious by Jessica Seinfeld

Jan 03, 2008

did not like it
bookshelves: cookbooks
Read in October, 2007

When I first heard the buzz about this cookbook I was somewhat excited. I'm a cookbook junkie and love trying new things. I checked my local book stores, the book was sold out and had waiting lists! This knowledge only made the book more enticing to me. I happened upon the elusive book(on sale!) in a supermarket a few days later and I snatched the only copy without first flipping through the pages, afterall books with waiting lists can't be wrong. I was sorely disappointed!

Honestly, when adding 1/4 to 1/2 cup of cooked, pureed, butternut squash to a recipe that serves four, six (or eight!), you're not adding a heck of a lot of additional nutritional value. I've tried a few recipes from this book and they've been sub-par at best. The banana bread was inedible. If good eaters won't eat this stuff, it is highly doubtful a picky eater will. Parents who want their kids to eat healthy meals should forgo this cookbook and threaten to withhold dessert for those who won't eat their spinach.

My copy will soon be listed on ebay.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deceptively Delicious.