Amelie's Reviews > Princess of the Midnight Ball

Princess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day George

Aug 08, 2010

it was ok
bookshelves: worst-books-ever
Recommended for: fans of children's books

Princess of the Midnight Ball was a dissapointment. It was really great in the beginning--I was really drawn to the story, but then it kind of went...kerplunk? I mean this story had great potential--it could have become something wonderfully beautiful, if that even makes sense. However, there was no sort of juxtaposition, figurative language, or even intellegent wordings such as euphamisms. I thought that even the sixteen year old characters seemed like they were twelve. Basically, it was hard to believe it was in the young adult section at the library because this was such a chuldrens' book! I thought that there were a couple of "laugh out loud" parts, but they definetly did not compensate for the very many utterly boring sections of this book. Over all, it was kind of obvious, and I could not wait for it to be over. I definetly will not read the companion which is said to be the story of one of the main characters younger sisters. Not highly recommended from my point of view.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Princess of the Midnight Ball.