Jeffrey's Reviews > Into the Looking Glass

Aug 08, 2010

it was ok
bookshelves: from-library
Read from August 08 to 10, 2010 , read count: 1

Two stars means "it was ok", and I'll give it that much.

What was interesting: the physics (muons, bosons, quarks, etc), instantaneous space travel to other places in this universe, instantaneous travel to places on Earth, the God(s) that exists in the non-space between bubbles of reality.

What was tiresome: Heroic military guys who know everything and can do anything and survive anything, and who always disparage the dirty forking hippies and tree huggers who are soooo wrong-minded and deceived. This book was an exercise in stereotypes.

What was good: Ok. Give me time, I'm still thinking. ... Ok, it moved fast, lots of cliff-hangers. The aforementioned interesting things.

Obviously John Ringo knows how to describe weaponry. I'm a little familiar with some guns, but I'm not really proud of that knowledge or impressed by others' knowledge. So it's just filler to me... I just skim it... and that makes the novel go even faster.

The ending seemed very weak. The story just sort of quit, though the heroes survived as did the Earth.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Into the Looking Glass.

08/08/2010 page 94
23.0% "At this point it is an interesting Military SciFi book. Though I'm getting tired of war."