Kate's Reviews > Men in Kilts

Men in Kilts by Katie MacAlister

Aug 20, 10

bookshelves: favorites, contemporary-romance, guilty-pleasures, hot-scot
Recommended to Kate by: Rochelle
Recommended for: Margaret Ethridge, Christine Ryan, Michelle Kelly
Read from August 19 to 20, 2010 — I own a copy, read count: 2

The start was GREAT, it really just jumped right into hot Scottish fun from the get go! I laughed out loud for a good portion of the first one hundred pages. Once we got into more of the issues later in the novel, I could totally understand Kathie's inner thoughts, but it didn't stop me from being slightly annoyed at how she liked to play coy a lot of the time.

Can I also say that it's a bit ironic that the author's name is Katie and she chose to name her main character Kathie! Haha, I also swooned when I found out that Kathie's full name is Katherine Ann, as... that's my name!! I had a nice giggle-fit over that one! Also, especially since her best friends name is Cait, as that is my best friends name. XD

I wasn't thinking myself in the role or anything.... but whens the next mystery writers convention in the UK? (just in case ;D)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Men in Kilts.

08/19/2010 page 23
6.0% "WOW SO GOOD! It is my fantasy come to life!! Eeeeek, I love love love love Iain! It was so difficult to stop reading for work this morning! *swoons*"
08/20/2010 page 242
66.0% "I wish I could bring home a Scot one of these days!"

Rochelle eh....I liked Iain, but Kathie was quite annoying!

message 2: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Mmm burly Scotsmen... XD

Kate This book is actually really funny and entertaining so far! I’m loving it! Also, when I was in Subs-Ta-Toot today, reading it while I waited, a woman in line next to me told me she’d read it and really liked it. ^_^

message 4: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Haha that's awesome!

Caitlin (Ayashi) Lol that's great that she has your name and her best friend's name is Cait... I'm dying over here xD

Kate Lol, I was like, wow is this a sign or something? Should I go to Scotland and start hitting on sheep farmers? ;D

message 7: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer I vote, Yes.