Mike's Reviews > The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Vol. 1

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Vol. 1 by Alan Moore

Aug 31, 11

Ok let me get this straight, famous characters from different historical classics team up together like the super friends to stop evil. The very concept alone I found to be very cool. After walking around the local used book store, I came across this legendary classic and knew that I had put it off for to long. I suppose that the novelty of the concept alone would be even greater if the reader had read the classics that the main characters had came from. Oddly enough I told myself that I was going to try a read their books first before starting. So I read king solomans mines and now I know who Allen Quarterman is. Turns out the author wrote about ten others books about him, so decided perhaps I'll just look up the other characters books another time. From the get go I was really interested with all the characters and Moores writing, the pages just started to go by with no problem and before I knew it I had just finished the first six issues. I'm pretty damn sure that there were plenty of references to other books that went over my head but you know that only motivates me to come back to it again some day. So I guess that all I can say is that I hope the second volume is as good and that anybody interested should give it a look.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Vol. 1.