moi's Reviews > Paradise

Paradise by Judith McNaught

** spoiler alert ** UPDATED REVIEW

As I have already mentioned below that this book or rather this story or more better Matt and Merr never cease to surprise me with their depth of affection for one another.

Last year when I had read and review, I was miffed with Lisa for sleeping with Parker. That was a big error of judgement from my side. This time when I read and maybe you could say my understanding the situation is more clearer this time.

One when loves someone dearly they always do things most unexpected by them. Lisa did what a love-sick woman would do.. :)Jumping Parker's bone when she saw her opportunity!! *laughs*

And another person who touched my heart was Caroline Edwards, Merr's mother. She is those silent and yet very important character. The way she described Phillip for us was just mind-boggling.. Another example of a person truly in love... You could see her love in her eyes, in every word she spoke and how she just calmly accepted her fate..

Other thing I failed to mention earlier was Matt's love for Meredith and to the extent he was ready to risk it all.. And I was truly miffed with Meredith for being selfish in the end when it was her time to trust Matt... She expects him to trust her but she failed to return that trust to him. I mean... If my love would declare his love for me and then ask me to trust him I would blindly trust him. He deserves that in the least!

And how he was total GONER for Meredith shows in the way he accepted her back without further ado and just simply her being around him was enough to melt his heart for her.. Priceless... What true love can do to people...

Review while reading..

I am reading this book after a year now and this story never fails to touch my heart... I have a smile plastered on my face whenever I read this story. Some of us are just scared with the sheer volume of the book that we don't understand what a love-story might have in it that requires so much pages...

This story is a like a good old wine which tastes better-er with time...*smiles* This story just strikes a cord in your heart... It has everything in it drama and all the upheavals two lovers might face..

All the characters are just brilliant!! And you are just hungry for more. I wanted to know every little thing about Merr and Matt...

This is just so romantic Matt chasing his wife or better put.. re-courting his wife and trying to win over her heart and all the insecurities...

Currently, I just in that part of the story where they are faced with public drama of their divorce and how they are preparing for their joint press conference..

As they have already compared Meredith to Grace Kelly so I am sticking to her...
description

and my Matt would be...
description

Read from April 20 to 23, 2011, read count: 5 and counting...

Uhh... How do I begin describing the book? Oh God!! This is my all-time-favorite romance book... I don't know.. I loved this book at first read, and my love grew more with every read... I loved the story!! It was so beautiful and detailed that I felt I was sitting by a window and seeing all the events in front of me... :)

I have liked Judith's all books... She has a gift to give us so many beautiful, strong characters.. All her characters have so much to give and they just grow on you.... Matt was my favorite!!! hands down!! He is the clear winner for the best hero from all her books...

Matt Farrell... just seeing his name brings a big broad-grin on my face that I cannot erase... He is charming, witty, stubborn, crazy in love with Meredith, uncompromising in business but he is ready to give Merr Paradise in gold platter!!! (laughs) Well I don't mind...(winks) and very soft-hearted!! Aaww!! My heart cried for him when Merr doubted him and did not trust him... And most of all, he always got what he wanted and he never hesitated to take risks (he risked all he had to get Merr back in his life)....

Meredith... well, she is nice too.. actually too nice.. I mean I do not have that big heart as she had to forgive her father... He father was vicious to the core!! That was very horrible of him to degrade and humiliate her.. And I also felt like giving her a tight slap for hurting Matt... :( But, that too was justified.. as you see, she had hard time trusting herself with Matt.. he never actually told her how he felt...

Both Merr and Matt were just so suited for each other in every way.. I especially loved how no matter what the situation is they always got along with each other and always have good humor while facing difficult situations!!! The way the story progressed, it was like a flow.. nice soothing music... :)

And most favorite part of the book was how Matt pursued Merr.. hahahahha.. it was so endearing and soooo sweett... :D

And one thing I just could not digest was Lisa sleeping with Merr's ex fiancée!!! :O and Merr accepting her.. I mean that was real cruel of Lisa to do that... What?! the moment Merr broke up, Lisa could try her hand!!! What the hell!!! :O If she had liked him so much and she claimed to know Merr she could have told Merr... :O

And actually speaking ... Philips Bancroft, Merr's father.. he too was strong character.. He actually made us hate him to the core!! :D He too is driven as Matt and would stop at nothing to get what he wanted... and here he wanted Matt out of Merr's life.. his vicious plans were too wicked .. :)

Okay, on a serious note... I am highly obsessed with this book and I cannot make myself hate it no matter what... I loved this book as I did not have any expectations from it... :) And title is so PERFECT!!! you'll know it when you read the book... :)

People, I will not say... everyone of you might like this book... It is a detailed story and very well written, if you ask so? For one moment I did not feel this was unnecessary and should have been edited.. I never wanted this book to end... But, some may not agree with me... Here, I have told you what I liked about this book... I would say, if you are a sucker for good story and strong characters you should read it... Give it a fair chance people... it is not very bad.. maybe it will disappoint you a little... nothing extreme.. :) Don't miss this heart-breaking story!! :)

I hope you like my review.. if you din't like it.. feel free to comment... :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Paradise.

Quotes moi Liked

Judith McNaught
“You can't outwit fate by standing on the sidelines placing little sidebets about the outcome of life. either you wade in and risk everything you have to play the game or you don't play at all. and if u don't play u can't win.”

Judith McNaught
“Some people feel love in their hearts, Julie. Some of us feel it all way into our souls. We're the ones who can't forget.”

Judith McNaught
“If you'll kiss me back," he whispered huskily, brushing his lips along the curve of her jaw, "I'll make it six
million. If you'll go to bed with me tonight," he continued, losing himself in the scent of her perfume and the softness of her skin, "I'll give you the world. But if you'll move in with me," he continued, dragging his mouth across her cheek to the corner of her lips, "I'll do much better than that."
Unable to turn her face farther because his arm was in the way, and unable to turn her body because his body was in the way, Meredith tried to infuse disdain in her voice and simultaneously ignore the arousing touch of his tongue against her ear. "Six million dollars and the whole world!" she said in a slightly shaky voice. "What else could you possibly give me if I move in with you?" "Paradise." Lifting his head, Matt took her chin between his thumb and forefinger and forced her to meet
his gaze. In an aching, solemn voice he said, "I'll give you paradise on a gold platter. Anything you want— everything you want. I come with it, of course. It's a package deal." Meredith wallowed audibly, mesmerized by the melting look in his silver eyes and the rich timbre of his deep voice. "We'll be a family," he continued, describing the paradise he was offering while he bent his head to her again. "We'll have children ... I'd like six," he teased, his lips against her temple. "But I'll settle for one. You don't have to decide now." She drew in a ragged breath and Matt decided he'd pushed matters as far as he dared for one night. Straightening abruptly, he chucked her under her chin. "Think about it," he suggested with a grin.”
tags: love

04/20/2011 "God!! I am crazy about this book... Loved the story and loved Matt and Merr.. :) they are the best couple I have read.. :)"
09/18/2011 page 100
14.0% "this boook always saves me from my gloom doom.... re-reading this book..."
09/19/2011 page 182
26.0% "*smiles* I am so in love with this story and Matt and Mer!! Thanks Judith for introducing me to such lovely story and characters!!"
09/20/2011 page 260
37.0% "aawwww!!! now starts the fun!!! Both are so so sweeettt!! they just make you smile just reading about them.. :D"
09/29/2011 page 475
67.0% "here starts the real fun!! Now is the cat and mouse chase.. The predator and prey chase.. This is the best part of the book.. My fav part is going to begin now! Yay! Team matt!!"
07/23/2012 page 1
0.0% "Merr and Matt sweep me off my feet.. :D"
07/29/2012 page 71
10.0% "*sighs and then swoons* Matt has arrived!!! :D"
08/02/2012 page 260
36.0% "Now.. starts the real fun... Matt and merr back after 11 yrs... direct cut, merr... huh!!"
08/05/2012 page 546
76.0% "hehehehe! Matt is just typhoon!!! hahahahha"
08/18/2013 marked as: currently-reading
08/18/2013 page 50
7.0% "hehehehe! Matt is just typhoon!!! hahahahha"
10/10/2013 marked as: read
09/08/2015 marked as: 2011-reads
09/08/2015 marked as: 2012-reads
09/08/2015 marked as: 2013-reads
09/08/2015 marked as: read

Selby Moore I know right! I fully agree with whatever you have written! It's so epic,how strong a character her father is! And it's mind blowing how well written and detailed the whole thing is! I discovered this book yesterday,and just got done reading it and havent felt this elated since I read blue bloods day before yesterday:p lol OFF TO THE SEQUEL!

message 2: by moi (new) - rated it 5 stars

moi Selby wrote: "I know right! I fully agree with whatever you have written! It's so epic,how strong a character her father is! And it's mind blowing how well written and detailed the whole thing is! I discovered t..."

Hehehehe.. absolutely!! This book just makes you want more and more and more... :D Everything is amazing!! Best contemporary romance book for me. A feel-good book (winks)