mismamari's Reviews > Lyon's Gate

Lyon's Gate by Catherine Coulter

Sep 07, 10

Read from August 15 to September 07, 2010

While all the earlier books in The Bride series are steller for the most part, Lyon's Gate left me cold and empty. Jason Sherbrooke is a good character with a good set of personal morals, but towards the end he just turns into every other Regency lordling by being forced into marriage due to compromising rumors. Since both Jason and Hallie are stubborn, I thought they would actually stay true to themselves and not marry. If this were any other twosome, I would expect a marriage by the end of this book, but because of the tragic events in Jason's life and less-than-desirable events of Hallie's love life, I thought for once the outcome would be different. My mistake. This book had lots of potential but fell short; it failed its characters and failed me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lyon's Gate.

08/15/2010 page 95
21.0% "Jason returned from his five-year sojourn in America to find an upstart tomboy girl after the estate he wants. Let the battle of the sexes begin!"
08/21/2010 page 195
44.0% "Lady Wyndham gets as much page time as she did earlier in The Bride series! Hilarious that she likes Hallie; the Sherbookes are floored."
08/25/2010 page 280
63.0% "I like Charles Grandison, which is a hard thing to do since he doesn't get many pages to make an impression. Renfrew has something on Grandison, but what?"
09/05/2010 page 355
79.0% "Being forced into marriage by Society to save a reputation is not my idea of romantic. Tempted to skip the end of this book now."