~Tina~'s Reviews > Finding Sky

Feb 08, 11

bookshelves: young-adult, paranormal, read-2011
Read from February 04 to 08, 2011

(3.5stars)

TBR Reduce Challenge #8- 2011 (Alexa)

"You have half our gifts, I the other. Together we make a whole. Together we are much more powerful."

English girl, Sky Bright, just moved to Colorado since her adopted parents got a new job teaching at an art center in town.
Sky has always had a complicated life. She was abandoned at a motorway service station when she was six, traumatized and not being able to remember her own name. And while life seems to be better now, it all changes when she meets Zed Benedict, someone that can link her, to her past and hold her future.

To be honest, I wasn't sure if I was going to finish this one. It took so long to get into the writing style and plot line, but once things started happening with Sky and Zed and the paranormal elements started taking shape, it got really interesting.

For the most part I really liked the characters. Sky Bright? Okay, I hate her name, but she's a sweet, shy and cute girl, but I liked her a lot more once she started believing in herself more.
Zed's a pretty complex thing now isn't he? Like Sky, it was hard to adjust to his sudden rage to romance, but eventually I started to like this Zed much better.
Together they were a very sweet touching couple, mind you the dialog was a bit cheesy, but it was nice none the less.

My favorite part was the elements laced in this one. I liked the idea of Savant, how they became, what they can do and the twist with the soulfinders was pretty great as well. It wasn't overly unique, but definitely different.

Overall, I enjoyed Finding Sky. It had some really sweet moments, some grip and was a fun entertaining and intriguing read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Finding Sky.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kim (new)

Kim I looked at this book last time I was in Brussels a few weeks ago (English bookstores are quite scarce around here), but I didn't buy it, so I'm curious about your thoughts.

~Tina~ So far it's okay, should be done soon:)

~Tina~ Alexa, can you hook me up with another one hun?

message 4: by Kim (new)

Kim Another book where I'm on the fence. Great review Tina.

~Tina~ Thankies. I think you'd like this one, but it's not a book I'd ever read again.

message 6: by Arlene (new)

Arlene Wow #8? I've barely finished 3! You are on a roll! Great review BTW!

~Tina~ Thanks hun:) I need to clear out these books! I still have so many to read ~looks at bookcases and sigh~

message 8: by Nic (new)

Nic Her name is Sky Bright? It remind of a Rainbow Brite character!

Great review Tina. I will put it on my maybe one day list :)

message 9: by Lora (new)

Lora Awesome review, Tina. :)

Alexa To be honest, I wasn't sure if I was going to finish this one.
Ooops sorry. lol Hope my next pick is better. ;)

Great review! Is this a standalone?

message 11: by ~Tina~ (last edited Feb 08, 2011 02:18PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

~Tina~ LOL Twinie! I loved Rainbow Brite when I was a kid;)

Thanks Lora:)

I'm not sure Alexa, There's room for a sequel, still a few things to explore but I can't find anything on her website.

Edit: Missed the first part of your comment. Tehe! Don't be sorry, I'm glad you picked this one. They all have to be read lol

message 12: by Nic (last edited Feb 08, 2011 02:13PM) (new)

Nic ~Tina~ wrote: "LOL Twinie! I loved Rainbow Brite when I was a kid;)" Me too! I even had a Twink that I use to go to bed with every night.

~Tina~ Was she the yellow one? I had the yellow stuffy till my brother ripped it's arms off. punk!

message 14: by Nic (new)

Nic LOL. Don't worry my brother was always trying to damage my barbies.

No Twink was the white star that was always with Rainbow Sprite.

~Tina~ Aww yes, it's all coming back to me XD
I miss being a kid, it was a lot more simple back then, but you know? I wouldn't go back for all the gold in china lol

message 16: by Morgan (new)

Morgan F I'm not even done with my youth and I already miss it.

message 17: by Kim (new)

Kim Ah yes. It gets harder and harder to remember what that was like with each day.