Gigi Hudson's Reviews > A Touch Mortal

A Touch Mortal by Leah Clifford

Dec 04, 11

Read from October 11 to 12, 2011

If this series gets developed a bit better in the future, I can see it being my favourite. I absolutely adored this book and the characters were brilliant as well as the wonderful, if slightly predictable, plot line.

Until about halfway in, this book was a solid 5 stars. But where it went downhill for me was when Eden acted like a brat and where Adam came in.
*spoiler alert*

I have never liked love triangles. I see them as a last resort when the plot just isn't good enough. Which is why I was sad to see one in this book as the plot was really really good! It was original, unique, a whole host of more synonyms for why I basically loved it. What I'm trying to say is that the plot DIDN'T NEED a love triangle! All the love triangle did for me was make me bored, annoyed and sad. I really don't like them. Now occasionally, a love triangle can be good. So far there has only ever been one book in which I enjoyed the love triangle and that was in Ink Exchange by Melissa Marr. Oh and Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare. But apart from that, it's always clear who it will be, it makes the character seem stupid and weak and it really is overused. When a good book introduces an unnecessary love triangle, it makes the book all about said love triangle. Not a good move.

*spoliers over*

But apart from that I really did love the book. Which is why I'm hoping now that the one complaint I had with it is over, it will go back to being the intriguing and entertaining book it was at the start.

Just to say, my actual review is 4.5 stars. Because of my personal vendetta against love triangles. But as soon as that goes away it will be 5 stars again. Because this book is awesome. So stop reading this and go pick up A Touch Mortal.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Touch Mortal.

Karla Nice review!!! :) That is a great explanation to make anyone want to read the book.

Gigi Hudson Thank you! :)
You should, it is a good book it just needs a sequel to fully expand it's potential :)

Karla Hahaha. I have thought that for so many books but the authors never do it :(