Carmen Belgium's Reviews > Amy and Roger's Epic Detour

Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson

Aug 17, 10

bookshelves: books-i-own, 2010-read
Read in August, 2010

Man, you can not believe how happy I was when I received this in the mail today!!! Had been looking forward to it for a while now.
I liked this book, maybe even loved it actually.
Loved the pictures, receipts, little notes, etc., in the book, it gave a more personal touch to it and you could just imagine the entire road trip. In one word: amazing! (and yeah 'epic' of course ^^) It just makes you want to take a road trip yourself!
The book is quite an easy read, very nicely written too.
And I cried, oh god I cried, some things were just way too familiar for me, it completely shocked me. It just blew my socks off.
So why not 5* you ask? Well, I was a slight bit disappointed by some parts... I would have liked it to be more detailed, a bit more feelings to it, a bit more described. Somehow I keep wanting to read a few more 'hot' scenes, nothing over the top of course, seeing as it is still a YA, but just something. I have read YA novels who can do that, without going over the top! But maybe it's because I'm way past my teens but just don't want to realise that ^^ haha.
Also the end... I dunno, I would have liked that talk with her mother. And what she was going to tell her friend Julia. If you ask me, the scene with her brother was also way too short and I would have liked to go into that one more to. And what's going to happen now? What about Roger? Seriously, I have a feeling this book hasn't ended at all, still so many questions (at least for me), still so many things I'd love to read about *sigh* My conclusion: the book was just way too short, well for me it was ^^ haha.
Yet I do recommend this book, it's a perfect summer read! Just don't read this when you feel all lonely and stuff, because it'll just make you miserable ;) whaha.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Amy and Roger's Epic Detour.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim LOL. The book came in the mail today, and +/- 10 hours later you are reviewing it. Must be a good one ^^

message 2: by Carmen (last edited Aug 17, 2010 03:01PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Carmen Belgium *LOL*
AND I met up with a friend earlier between 11am and 4pm ^^ with no chance to read at all....
I did read the first 50 or so pages on line a few days ago though, so I cheated a bit ;) But the other 300 or so pages I read in about -hmmm 1 hour before meeting my friend till 9pm, eating dinner between- let's say 6 hours tops. Addicted much? Haha.
Too bad it didn't have any 'Perfect Chemistry'/'Forbidden' alike hot scenes in it, that's my only regret.
Besides that a very captivating & sweet read :D
Owh and Roger <3 Why don't they exist in real life? *sigh* Haha!