Andrea's Reviews > The Blessings of the Animals

The Blessings of the Animals by Katrina Kittle

F_50x66
Aug 07, 10

Read in August, 2010

I cannot express how much I ABSOLUTELY adored this novel. I managed to finish it in a day, stealing away moments to try to finish it whenever I could and ended up staying up really late since I was so entranced by it. I want to be Cami, well maybe not with the whole having my husband just up and leave me but more in how she handled it. She was so strong and brave, she ended up thriving while her ex-husband remained as unhappy as before.
She really did end up making the divorce a good thing for her, she changed her life and didn't need a man anymore.

As an animal lover, I loved Cami's connection with her animals especially the horse, Moonshine. It was amazing how they both healed each other. I loved the other characters as well, Cami has some pretty amazing people in her life. I enjoyed her ex-husband a lot, he was just so entertaining in his childish ways and his complete disregard for others.

The ending was also great but I don't want to spoil it. It did however have me hopeful and I ended up reading the acknowledgments just wanting more. I think this is my favorite book that I've read in a while, I can't recommend it enough. I'd give it five out of five stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Blessings of the Animals.