Novels On The Run's Reviews > City of Fallen Angels

Apr 14, 11

bookshelves: fave-books
Read from April 05 to 06, 2011 — I own a copy

MICHELLE'S REVIEW:

RATING : 6 Jace and Simon Beautiful Stars!! ( well there is 2 of them so I had to go to 6 stars)

NO SPOILERS REVIEW:

I ran out bought the paperback the day it was released in Australia, devoured it within 24 hours.

I sit back feeling totally raw and exhausted after reading City Of Fallen Angels, the 4th instalment in The Mortal Instruments series .

Once you are pulled into the Shadowhunter world , Cassandra’s world , anything is possible..... I was strapped in for one hell of a ride for the small price of a book .

Crikey, City Of Fallen Angels was AWWWWE.....SOME!!!!

Cassandra is uber, uber, good at making her readers ‘feel’ each of her characters. One minute I am Clary , then I will morph into Simon. I’m not just reading words. I’m ‘feeling’ too.

Cassandra made me love Simon even more than I already did after reading COFA. He is just the most beautiful , beautiful boy. Alec and Magnus.... bless them , Isabelle has more of a voice , which I loved. ( I am deliberately not mentioning Jace as I won’t be able to stop myself...* whispers..he is still uber smexi ... sigh*

New characters are added seamlessly. The POW’s ( didn’t see that coming, OMG moments) were awesome. Those curve balls where you think you are headed somewhere and then ..oo whiplash...curve ball. I felt sad, laughed, ooo dark , felt anxious, felt confused, many emotions come forth.

Yes Ms Clare has gone darker in this 2nd series within the series. I did go ‘ewwwwww’ in moments of éwwwwness’, but this is a good thing in an ‘OMG’ way.

COFA has a lot going on and Cassandra handles it with ease. The interwoven side stories were amazing . I could see a nice big, colourful, patchwork quilt with all these squares of storyline that when stitched together it truly makes you sit back look at it and go WOW!!

We see deeper into characters , Cassandra knows we have gotten to know and love her characters so she lets us delve deeper, learn more. I feel like I know them so much better. We have known each other for a few years now.

After all those teasers that I read before the release date, that I promised myself I wouldn’t read, but it’s like dangling your most delicious treat in front of you and trying not to devour it...... we always devour it. I had to laugh at all my theories after reading City Of Glass then the COFA teasers that I had bouncing around in my head. One I got right...the rest..bah!! I’m no Nancy Drew.

Oh the gorgeously funny one liners in COFA. I would be all tense and reading and then Simon and Jace.... I can say no more. I love writing my fave quotes in my reviews, but for the moment , I can’t, for fear of spoiling. I think Simon and Jace and their back and forth are some of my fave parts of the book. I note when I read and I always note page numbers for fave quotes, well I have a heap of them from COFA, with SBOL ( short burst of laughter) .

I know we are all saying it, so I might as well join in ....I soooooooo can’t wait for City Of Lost Souls, for those of you who have read COFA......we all know why. For those of you who haven’t...do I have to state the obvious....find a copy..read....seriously:D

And so the countdown widgets start again...I believe those numbers truly haunt me ....lol!!

Congratulations on such an awesome book Cassandra, I am so glad you decided writing was your thing in life, imagine if you hadn’t........

MICHELLE

p.s.. I look at my review and it feels naked without my fave quotes:(

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read City of Fallen Angels.