Novels On The Run's Reviews > The Dark Divine

4119908
Apr 13, 11

Read in January, 2010 — I own a copy

Michelle's Review:

I loved this book and am looking forward eagerly to , 'The Lost Saint' the sequel. The more you read this book the more your heart goes out to Daniel. I cried for the abusive up bringing he had. Daniel's continual loss and rejection. His art is the one thing he does well. Grace , the one person he needs more than anything, can she love him? Can Daniel ask Grace to make the choice he so desperately needs. I could 'see' this book easily.
Bree Despain writes her characters well. Don , her , 'Lenny ' from ''Of Mice and Men'' ,character. I hope Mishka makes it into the sequel she was an interesting character that I kinda wanted to read more about.
There are POWS!!! and Nummy Num Nums , I personally 'sooki la la..ed'. There are also drug references which are not explicit but define Daniel's rejected character in this book. I wanted to climb the Walnut tree with Daniel....LOL!!! The story never gets boring..it builds . I liked the Garden of Angels scene. I thought it would visually look nice in a movie.

Sigh...fave quotes...

"Draw", he said. "I'll hold you until you're done."

" I tried to forget, " I admitted. "I tried to forget everything about you."
"You hated me that much?"
"No." I grabbed a branch and pulled myself up, my back still to him. "I missed you that much."

Daniel stopped and his mouth edged into a grin. "You have no idea what you do to me."

" I know," Barlow said. "That's what makes it so right. Your eyes - your soul is there, but the rest of you is still so undefined. That's the beauty of childhood".
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dark Divine.