Megan's Reviews > A Little Bit Wild

A Little Bit Wild by Victoria Dahl

Nov 17, 10

bookshelves: 3-stars, historical-romance, fiction
Read in October, 2010

A Little Bit Wild was an enjoyable read and full of Victoria Dahl's trademark humor and wit, but fairly forgettable. Though I enjoyed that Marissa was genuinely curious about and interested in sex, she struck me as overly silly and shallow, and I didn't understand why she was conceptualized as the sane, less wild one of the family (comparatively speaking!) when I didn't really see any of that in action. Jude was more of an intriguing character, and the chemistry between the two of them was nicely developed, but I couldn't really grasp on to the actual relationship between the two of them, or believe that it'd work well in the future.

This is the first of Dahl's historicals that I've tried, and I can't speak to the accuracy of any of it, but as with her contemporary romances, she clearly knows how to tease humor from her characters and left me laughing out loud at one point (the scene in which Marissa has to admit previous liaisons to her family, and namely Jude's reaction). As is par for the course, Dahl also served up some sexy, romantic, surprising scenes between the hero and the heroine. While neither the heroine nor the relationship gelled for me, it was still a pleasant way to spend a couple hours.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Little Bit Wild.