Tammy Walton Grant's Reviews > Ten Ways to Be Adored When Landing a Lord

Ten Ways to Be Adored When Landing a Lord by Sarah MacLean

Jan 19, 11

bookshelves: hr-regency, 2010-october, hr-historical-lite, romance-blah, romance-historical
Read from December 20 to 22, 2010 — I own a copy, read count: 1

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ten Ways to Be Adored When Landing a Lord.

12/20/2010 "Re-read from October. Karla, stop laughing." 1 comment

message 1: by Karla (new)

Karla Oooh, only 3? And after the 5 stars of the first one?

Tammy Walton Grant Oh, don't even get me started!!! I'm afraid to post a review for fear I'll get lynched. I even skipped some of the sex *insert shocked gasp here*!

I didn't really care about either the H/h, and the story itself was kinda blah. (all just imo, of course).

message 3: by Karla (new)

Karla Aw, don't be afraid to write a review! I take it because it's been getting raves from everybody else? (I haven't even looked.)

Tammy Walton Grant It has been! And I'm not sure what book all those people have been reading, but it wasn't the book that I read, lol.

It kept me turning the pages quickly enough, but I felt like I was skipping like a rock over the surface, and never really dug in. Does that make any sense? ('cause if it does, I'm using it in my review, lol).

I should stop -- else I'll write my rant/review in this window and drive you crazy!

message 5: by Karla (new)

Karla There's a very good 2 star review here for it, so go ahead and vent. :D You are not alone!

And yes, the rock thing makes sense. I've read books like that, where either the scene ends too quick or the timeline is very episodic. Those drive me crazy if there's nothing else to balance it out.

message 6: by Karla (new)

Karla I saw this in the UBS yesterday annnnnd.....I just kept walking. LOL

Tammy Walton Grant I'm thinking there's going to be MANY copies of this one floating around.... (I didn't even make it through a re-read, if you can believe it).

Happy New Year!

message 8: by Karla (new)

Karla I do find that hard to believe, because a re-read is...what? 2 hours? :P Couldn't even last through that! So that tells me it's baaaaaaaaaaaaaad........

Tammy Walton Grant I just couldn't give a shit about either of the characters. That was the book that I was skipping the sex in the first time I read it, so you KNOW it wasn't great.

This book probably isn't really bad, per se, just nowhere near as good as her first - which was truly excellent.

I'm reading one right now that I think you'd like - there is so much Plantagenet history that I've had to read up on Wikipedia to keep everyone straight.