Krystle's Reviews > The Iron Queen

The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa
Rate this book
Clear rating

by
2639204
's review
Jan 09, 12

Read from January 14 to 20, 2011

Ah, I’ve finally come to the end of this series (sort of). It’s quite clear to me that I really am not a fan of Julie Kagawa’s writing style but I’m always hopeful. Sadly, I have resigned myself to believing that this is not going to change, not now and not ever.

There was nothing really offensive to me in this book as they were in the previous ones. The story moved at a decent enough clip, I suppose, though I find myself having to force myself to finish it because her prose is just so dry and boring. Her writing is very rough and stilted, lacking any finesse or subtlety. The dialogue was particularly cringe worthy at times, being either too sappy or too cliché. Even the witty lines of banter traded between Puck, Ash, and Meghan gave me a moment of pause because my only thought was “where have I heard this before?”

I have finally realized why I dislike Ash so much. He reads like a fangirl’s wet panty fantasy of Sephiroth, only in faerie disguise and in a different book. I mean, really, how can you not see the similarities? He’s cold and distant, got lots of nice, long, glossy hair, wields a sword with skills like no one’s business, and well, supposedly, he’s hot beyond the extremes!

Case in point:

Sephiroth

Does that look a wee bit familiar? No, well then I have a good explanation for this! It’s no wonder Ash constantly a giant ice cube rammed up his ass if his true name is Ashallyn’darkmyr Tallyn. What kind of sissy name is that?! I would forealz be a stuck-up bitch loser if I had some shitz0r name like that. Ahahaha.

Thank freaking goodness Meghan decided to cut the water works in this series. If I had to hear about how much her tears spilled out of her eyes or whatever nonsense like that I think I’d take Ash’s own sword and stab her through the gut. Now she’ll really have something to cry about, the loser. At least this time in this book she doesn’t stand around like a loser. She actually gets involved in things. Haha! Too bad the sex scene you guys were waiting for was nothing more than a super short paragraph and a very vague fade to black. No hot fantasies here. (Not that I would ever have one with him, eew.)

And, omg, there was one point in the book I wanted to facepalm so hard. Okay, so Meghan finds this cellphone and it has a Hello Kitty sticker on it with and I quote “Japanese kanji”. WHO ARE THE FACT CHECKERS HERE?! Kanji is already Japanese, so therefore the need to call it Japanese is redundant! If that was the case why didn’t she just call it Japanese characters?! HELLO? Does anyone get super annoyed by these simple errors like me? I mean it could have been fixed in two seconds if someone just googled up kanji. Bleh!

Spoiler here, I’d suggest skipping if you don’t want to know.

The ending was mildly interesting in that there was a lot of action and that final showdown everyone was looking forward too. I found it quite disappointing that the guy was killed off so easy. Like, wut? I just gotta tap into my super uber SPECIAL power I didn’t know I had and OMG, HE DIES? No. Just no. I was about to scream HELLZ YEAH, when Meghan was dying because I could not stand anymore of her pathetic, emo-riffic thoughts. And then I was all HOORAY, THANK THE WRITING GODS that her and Ash are now PERMANENTLY split up. I could not stand anymore of their mushy mushy, let’s kiss kiss times ANYMORE. Freaking sap ass fairy. Ima teach him how a REAL bad ass fairy is supposed to look like.

Bad Ass Faerie

Oh, hellz yeah.

Sephiroth would beat the shit out of him (Ash) with his HAIR. Hah. But anyway, the ending while actually resolved makes me mad because obviously it’s open ended and now there’s gonna be another book from ASH’S POINT OF VIEW! Watch I bet it’s all gonna be about omg, Puck that evil bastard killed my ex-girlfriend, then omg, Meghan I love and misses you so much and we needs to have more hot loving time, but NO YOU REJECTED ME. PAH!

You give fairies… a bad name. (Yes, totally intentional) XD.

Update: Since I was quoted in Julie Kagawa's post: http://juliekagawa.blogspot.com/2012/01/authors-and-negative-reviews-re-posted.html, I guess I'll have to add on to this. I didn't say her name "Julie Kagawa, you give fairies a bad name" as is stated in my review. I'll make it clear that I was listening to this song while writing to the review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrZHPO... which is where the line came from. I believe I was referring to Ash giving fairies a bad name, not her. Besides if you listen to this song, I think it sums up Ash and Meghan's relationship quite well.

And, seriously? This review is just a critique of her story and if I someday get published I would not give a shit if someone wrote negative reviews. The snarkier, or blunt, or straight to the point the better. As for not saying this to someone's face in person I sure as fuck would. I express myself freely and how I want so they get to do the same too.
61 likes · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Iron Queen.
sign in »

Reading Progress

01/14/2011 page 23
6.0%
show 3 hidden updates…

Comments (showing 1-50 of 61) (61 new)


message 1: by Tatiana (new)

Tatiana Krystle, the way you talk about Kagawa reminds of how I feel about Cassandra Claire. IDK about you, but for me there is something extremely irritating about former fanfic writers (and I have no doubt, even without knowing Kagawa and reading anything of hers, that's what she was/is) publishing their heavily "inspired" books and so many people falling for them just because they don't know how much and from where was "borrowed." It's a hot-button issue for me.


Krystle Haha, yeah. There's just something about her writing style that sets me off. Bleh. And yeah the romance is not done well at all. I do like the concept of the Iron Fey and stuff. I just wish it had been executed better. =/.


message 3: by Lady Salford (new)

Lady Salford I'm surprised you made it this far into the series. I sort of liked some aspects of the first book (the only one I've read) but I just can't stand Meghan at ALL. Thank God she dies.

Haha I love your comparison of Ash to Sephiroth.

@Tatiana I didn't know Cassandra Claire was a former fanfic writer. No wonder I'm having trouble being that interested in Clockwork Angel.


message 4: by Krystle (last edited Jan 26, 2011 01:05AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Krystle I got ARCs of the books. Had to read and review them. X_X.


message 5: by Lady Salford (new)

Lady Salford Hahaha, Oh my. You poor thing.


Ginny I read Iron Queen and could not get into it. It drag and drag. All the gushy reviews sound like fangirls wanting to get it on with the icy prince. He was a panty in Iron Queen. I laugh because this is such a rip-off of manga. Krystle you are right. Ash is a rip-off of all Japanese manga guys. Nothing new.


message 7: by Cindy (last edited Feb 06, 2011 03:38AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Cindy Best honest review of the Iron crybaby trilogy, cough, series. The romance fails. Ash should be like Malinda Lo's Ash, but he was whipped like someone's discarded undies. Sephiroth is what he should be, not Meghan's trembling tampon. He was ice prince turn Prince Tampon Charles.


message 8: by K. (new)

K. Thank god. I gave Iron Daughter a two and looked around and saw I was one of the very few. I just kept thinking "is something wrong with me?". This series did not live up to its high ratings. I disliked Meghan severely. I think if the romance wasn't so shoved down our throats and more developed (as in giving us real reasons why we should fall in love with Ash other than he's hot...) I probably wouldn't be such a hater. But lordie, if I had to hear how what a "dark, dangerous but beautiful prince" Ash is, I will literally throw up on the book. In the Iron Queen (I skipped the first 315 pages and went straight to the end) Ash made her shiver three times in the first 4 pages. Just saying.

Also, morally, there just wasn't anything really worth learning. Meghan just wasn't an admirable character. She had good qualities but she irritated me more than she impressed.


Virag Haha, I actually really liked the Iron Fey series (as a light entertaining read, I might add. I'm not obsessed with it or anything) but I thought your review was awesome. I'm getting so sick of people gushing over Ash and Meghan's "beautiful relationship"... ugh.

While Meghan did have some good traits, I was really annoyed by how she cries all the time and nearly faints whenever she sees Ash all prettied up.
Talking about Meghan seeing Ash... I would have been all the more for Meghan/Ash if Meghan wouldn't have been drooling all over him as soon as she sets eyes on his frosty self. She ignores her best friend in favor of an enemy who was none too friendly at first just because he's hot? First off, this is so cliché, and second, Megahn's being a shallow butt.


Krystle Yeah. I just hated their relationship. Bleh. If it was a lot less in your face and she stopped crying I would have liked it a lot more.


Kbricethunder You peolple is the most meanest I read of all day.How could you say something thats untrue.I mean I get thats its just a series,but what you said made it sound like it was a person,like the charecter in it were alive in real life.You guys are just hater's.Hating on this author and her style of writing.And just for the reccord the whole Hello Kitty cell-phone thing,is just to describe how the phone looked.You don't have to say anything mean about it.Plus,if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say it all.I also found the romance in Julie Kagawa's series really intresting and intense.Meghan did'nt fall in love with Ash just because he was hot.There is reason why she fell inlove with him.Maybe if you had the first book more closely or clearly without your self hating the charecter's then you would've understand what I'm talking about.The action in ALL 3 of the books were amazing.I did'nt just found the first two great but all three of them.Yea,I don't care what you say about me or what not.I'm just letting you my opinon up stright,just like how made other's know yours...


Krystle Before you start trolling me, I'd suggest you learn some proper grammar and spelling so I can actually read what you're trying to say.


Kbricethunder Oh,shutup!

I don't need no proper grammer for you to understand me!

Unless your completely dumb...that is.


message 14: by Krystle (last edited Jul 06, 2011 02:44AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Krystle Understand that you're completely illiterate? Yes, I think we've established that already.

You like this book, I don't. Get over it. I have a right to express whatever I want on my review and whatever ill-formed barbs you have to throw at me won't change my feelings toward this book at all. So I suggest you stop now.


message 15: by kari (new) - rated it 2 stars

kari Kbricethunder wrote: "Oh,shutup!

I don't need no proper grammer for you to understand me!

Unless your completely dumb...that is."


Your completely dumb what exactly???
We don't need no stinking grammar around here LOL
(sorry, but I like a good giggle and this post is unintentially hilarious)


Kbricethunder Lol,um...thanks.


Kbricethunder Krystle wrote: "Understand that you're completely illiterate? Yes, I think we've established that already.

You like this book, I don't. Get over it. I have a right to express whatever I want on my review and wha..."


I don't care what you say.I'm not trying to change your feelings,I'm just saying what you worte was very mean.Ooookay.
*Sigh*


Krystle Mean? Please. It's perfectly an honest assessment of what's wrong with this book and series. I could definitely do mean.


Kbricethunder *Let out breath*

So can I.

But you don not understand.Oh,well,whatever.Lets just drop the whole convrsation and ignore each other.Would'nt that be more fun.


Cinnamon If you want to present your opinion, do so in a manner that will allow others to take you seriously (aka correct grammar, punctuation, etc). This series was a guilty pleasure for me, and I actually sort of liked it. But you don't see me trolling negative reviews and telling people to shut up, do you...?


Renee Wilson Oh, thank you. I thought I was the only one who cringed at the dialogue and wanted to scratch my eyes out from over-exposure to too much dull.


Paula If you think that it is really that bad, I don't know why you actually read it. I like the book, and I like it even when there are imperfections. The names do disturb me quite a bit, but if those are the names that Julie Kagawa wants to use, then so be it! I will not hate a book, just because of their names, or because the romance part is lacking. I'm sorry, but I somehow think, you're a little too harsh?


Renee Wilson Paula wrote: "If you think that it is really that bad, I don't know why you actually read it. I like the book, and I like it even when there are imperfections. The names do disturb me quite a bit, but if those are the names that Julie Kagawa wants to use, then so be it! I will not hate a book, just because of their names, or because the romance part is lacking. I'm sorry, but I somehow think, you're a little too harsh?"

I know you weren't directing that towards me (at least I think you didn't) but I would just like to say the reason why I read this series. I read it because it had potential, and I was waiting for it to get better.

In the review Krystle said, "The story moved at a decent enough clip, I suppose, though I find myself having to force myself to finish it because her prose is just so dry and boring." Dry and boring an excellent way to describe it.

I didn't mind her characters, her plot, and the whole idea of it...it's just the way she wrote it. I believe if this exact story was written by a different author, I would be 'fan-girling' over it right now.


message 24: by Krystle (last edited Jul 16, 2011 12:56AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Krystle Paula wrote: "If you think that it is really that bad, I don't know why you actually read it. I like the book, and I like it even when there are imperfections. The names do disturb me quite a bit, but if those a..."

I got this book for review, so I had to read it. And I'm a masochist for punishment. If the book failed for me because of these elements; romance, writing, characters, and plot, then it's my right to express how much I disliked it and how it did not work for me.

I totally agree with you, Renee, that if this story was written by a different author I probably would have loved it a lot.


Kbricethunder Krystle wrote: "Paula wrote: "If you think that it is really that bad, I don't know why you actually read it. I like the book, and I like it even when there are imperfections. The names do disturb me quite a bit, ..."

Me agian,I think that expressing your feelings went over board don't you think.And beside's books are'nt movies or some pop star singing a song,its just for something to enjoy whenever you get bored.So,whatever,you and this whole fangirl business,to me,its crazy.I don't judge a book by its charecter,and I most certainly don't judge the book if I LIKE the charecters.I found the writing style with Julie Kagawa very neat and pretty...And since when do we worry about how the book is written! The author did'nt went on her computer trying to make the writing style in the book CUTE.That wold just be stupid! She went her computer or laptop,to try to make the BOOK.Not worry about its writing style.

*Sigh*

Like I said,you would'nt understand.


Kbricethunder Paula wrote: "If you think that it is really that bad, I don't know why you actually read it. I like the book, and I like it even when there are imperfections. The names do disturb me quite a bit, but if those a..."

I have to agree with you.What she said was very harsh.
:)


Krystle You guys seriously need to understand the concept of what a review is and that it's someone's right to express how they feel about something in whatever form they wish, and sorry, just because you wrote a book doesn't mean you're immune from criticism.

Please learn some proper grammar. And, believe me, writing "cute" is not what I mean. Sorry, guess these sentiments are too advanced for you to understand. =).


message 28: by Jess (new)

Jess @Kbricethunder, what you're basically saying is that no one is allowed to ever express negative feelings towards something that they disliked. Ever.

Think about this for a moment: You're eating a burger, but you find a hair in it. But according to your idea of criticism, it would be too mean to complain to the person who made it that there's a hair in your burger. I mean, how dare you complain about the poor quality food that you were served!

Or what if you find yourself hating some new song or movie? You're not allowed to complain to anyone--not friends, family, or even to yourself--that you don't like it.

If you think those scenarios are unfair, well, it's exactly what you're trying to push onto Krystle.

So you love this series, good for you! But art is subjective. Some people will love it, some people will abhor it. If you can't understand something as simple as that, I would recommend not breeding. Or at least delete your account, since this is a book site filled with mixed reviews.


message 29: by Kbricethunder (last edited Jul 21, 2011 02:17PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kbricethunder Krystle wrote: "You guys seriously need to understand the concept of what a review is and that it's someone's right to express how they feel about something in whatever form they wish, and sorry, just because you ..."

Ok,listen,now your getting on my bad side.And those sentiment's I could understand.Plus of crouse you meant "cute" and like I said,I don't need any proper
grammer.Its not like I'm writing a book or a story.
You just need to learn how to read WITHOUT grammer.
Also,Krystale or whatever your name is,what you said
was really harsh,thats all I'm saying.Your REVIEW, was'nt like a review in my prospect.Okay? To me,it
just sounded like some SNOB that was jelous of th book.But WHATVER!! I don't care anymore.Lets just drop
the whole Julie Kagawa business! Lets be mature and forget any of this EVER HAPPENED! OKAY! Lets everyone
just drop whole conversation! If thats what you think
oh well! I'm not gonna make a big deal over one book
because you thought it was *really bad* no,I'm not
gonna act like an indelinquent little kid and argue
over this stupidity! Its crazy! So why don't every one
just get over and stop picking side's! Thats Krystals
problem if thats what she thinks about the book! I don't care! Why? Because it was'nt I,who wrote it!
So lets all incesively SHUT UP! And forget any of this ever happened.

Ps.

Krystal,I apologize for commenting on your review.
Though that does'nt mean I want to be friends,I'm just
sorry,because I want to drop the whole thing and forget it ever happened.

And please don't say anything about my GRAMMER.


Kbricethunder Jess wrote: "@Kbricethunder, what you're basically saying is that no one is allowed to ever express negative feelings towards something that they disliked. Ever.

Think about this for a moment: You're eating a..."


Listen,like I said,you obviously don't know me,so you obiviously don't know what I mean.And I'm not gonna tell you either.

And of course I would complain if an hair is in my burgur! I'm not that stupid.I know how to express OPINION.

Also,I know that your probally Krystale's friend and I have nothing to say to you.Because I'm going to be mature about this WHOLE situation and drop it.Because,
well it's aburtly childish.Just constantly arguing over some stupid book.

And I don't care anymore what you Krystale or any body
thinks.I'm just trying to enjoy goodreads without layback comments.So,I will remember,that when ever I get an notification,I'll know not to check it this time.Also,I'm not gonna deleate my account because I have an agianstment agianst what she said.No! That would be stupid! I just THOUGHT WHAT SHE SAID WAS MEAN! So just shut up and leave me alone,because I'm getting really tired of this.And she's also the only person that commented on Goodread about thier harsh review.I mean,I'm a nice person in real life,but you guys biting my head of right now,and I'm not so nice.
So can we all just drop this crap,I'm getting annoyed.


Nafiza I love trolls. :D


Krystle Nafiza wrote: "I love trolls. :D"

Me too. They're so amusing. Great entertainment.


Paula Well, I didn't know this will become like this.
But I do understand that tastes for books are subjective and I'm sorry to comment on your opinions :)

have a nice day!


message 34: by Kaitlyn (new) - added it

Kaitlyn This...is hilarious. I enjoyed the first two books, mainly for the action scenes and the concept. However, I'm struggling making it through the third. I'm thinking of skimming because I have a review of Iron Knight due Monday. I just hate doing that. Meghan is just really annoying me in this one and her line to Ash of, " it's always been you" KILLED me. Girl, you've known him for about a month faery time. Half of that time he ignored you or tried to kill your family. Please just let the action start up soon in this book...or it could be all Grim. Sorry to fill up your comments, but this thread was too hilarious.


Krystle Yeah, I know. Someone mentioned the whole not responding to review advice on her blog is kind of hypocritical because isn't quoting a review a response to it? Bleh.


Elley Murray THANK YOU. It's good to read a review that's not all "omg, I want a boyfriend just like Ash! Ash and Meghan's relationship is so super healthy, just like Edward and Bella in Twilight! Twue Wuv!!"


Krystle Elley wrote: "THANK YOU. It's good to read a review that's not all "omg, I want a boyfriend just like Ash! Ash and Meghan's relationship is so super healthy, just like Edward and Bella in Twilight! Twue Wuv!!""

LOL, yeah. So not twuuuu wuv in my opinion.


message 38: by Adri (new)

Adri G About all I am going to say is that while Krystle absolutely has every right to her opinion of this book, and Kagawa's writing, her 'review' was highly unprofessional and frankly, juvenile in the extreme. Normally, this wouldn't bother me in the slightest, BUT... when a person makes the choice to condescend to another reader who is clearly much younger and therefore not likely to have received the same level of education thus far, well, it really begs the question: who exactly do you think you are? In what universe is it acceptable to disrespect an author to the degree that you have? Pray tell, how many books have you sold to a publisher? Your first review really didn't put my back up nearly as much as your pedestrian and obvious attempts to egg kbrice on did. Putting others down in order to make yourself feel superiour is a very telling indication that not only are you a rather unpleasant individual, you are also lacking imagination and wit. Personally, I haven't read much of Kagawa's work; what I HAVE read is many other negative reviews given by people who didn't have much choice in whether or not to read certain books. Somehow they manage to point out their issues with plot, character development, writing technique, et cetera, without making things personal and spewing petty trash. You honestly have no business reviewing an author's work and then criticizing someone else's netiquette until you take a few lessons from those who actually know how it is done. This writer appeals to a certain market and has clearly made her fans and publisher quite happy. Perhaps this is a case of someone who lacks the skill and perseverance to complete and sell a book and therefore finds it necessary to go overboard in attempting to tear someone else down? Don't worry cupcake; they are always looking for ghostwriters to carry on the V.C. Andrews legacy.


message 39: by Adri (new)

Adri G Oh, and I read the blog post from Julie Kagawa that apparently got your knickers in a twist. How on earth could you read something so incredibly classy and then vomit up more poison? Like her work or not (I'm not really committed one way or another; she's fine imho), you have to admire the way in which she expressed herself and tried to explain how it feels as a writer to have your creation ripped apart by reviewers. You should be ashamed of yourself.


Nafiza Adri,

I read your comment first and then I went up and read Krystle's review. And I have several things that I'd like to address about your comment. First of all, the KBrice hullabaloo. Maybe it escaped your notice but it was KBrice who came into this review and started stuff up. Krystle didn't go looking for him/her. Since when has it been a necessity for a reader to have books published before having opinions about other authors' novels? Do you have books out there that you have published? Are you an author?

And how the heck did you get to the conclusion that Krystle is disrespecting the author? She doesn't mention Kagawa's name at all in the review and it is only at the very end does she address Kagawa. Since when is engaging with the characters, the plot etc of a novel in a review and not finding it favourable disrespecting the author?

And really? "Cupcake?" That's how you want to make your point in this instance? Your hypocrisy comes out and takes a bow here. As for your parting shot? No, you should be ashamed of yourself. I mean, who the fuck are you to tell Krystle about how she should feel? She read the book, she wrote the review, the review which says nothing about the author. Plus, "ripping apart creations?" Honestly, she's giving a review not killing a baby.


message 41: by Krystle (last edited Sep 09, 2012 02:32AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Krystle Thanks, Nafiza! LoL, you didn't have to comment but I appreciate that you did.

Honestly, I have idea why I'm responding to you, Adri, since my effort is probably wasted air.

Please point it out to me where I directly attack the author? Yeah, I vehemently "rip apart" areas in her book that made me upset because, you know, I thought that's what you do in reviews? Am I wrong? Oops, guess so. Gee, instead of expressing what elements we dislike in books, maybe I should just wax poetic about how I gleefully handed this book over to a cashier and sold it for a nice small bit of cash? No? Oh, right then.

I don't see the correlation in someone having to become published beforehand in order to be able to make a review of someone's work. That's just ridiculous and makes me laugh. Your backhanded comment is so hypocritical and, really, I would love to hear your justification on how someone writes a review is a direct reflection of their own writing ability. That's so "juvenile" and oh, and what are you doing to me? Putting me down? Perhaps I misread your parting comment. Besides do you see the words "paid reviewer" anywhere around my name? No? Then you guessed it. I am under NO obligation to make them "professional".

I only commented on Julie Kagawa's blog post because I find it ironic how she said she doesn't and won't make a comment about her bad reviews but after directly quoting my review she proceeds to elaborate on her feelings to my review. Also, I wanted to clarify what I meant by my last line because she obviously interpreted it a different way than I meant it and I wanted to make it clear what my intentions were. I was hoping people would get the reference but they didn't, which was a fail on my part. Oh well.

Now, good day to you.


message 42: by Misty (last edited Sep 09, 2012 12:59AM) (new)

Misty Ignoring the newer dramz in favor of:
Kbricethunder wrote: "And since when do we worry about how the book is written! The author did'nt went on her computer trying to make the writing style in the book CUTE.That wold just be stupid! She went her computer or laptop,to try to make the BOOK.Not worry about its writing style.

*Sigh*

Like I said,you would'nt understand. "


Hahahahahaha.
HAHAHAHAHAHA.
HAHAHAHAHAHA.

This is the funniest thing of ever.
I love it.


Lindubee LOL I totally agree with your assessment of Ash's character. He was so much more interesting when he was still trying to kill Meghan. I remember having a wtf moment in book one when they started to 'develop feelings' for each other OUT OF NOWHERE. I think that's when it went downhill for me, because that's when he turned into Edward Cullen and I lost interest. WHY KAGAWA, WHY???


Krystle Lindubee wrote: "LOL I totally agree with your assessment of Ash's character. He was so much more interesting when he was still trying to kill Meghan. I remember having a wtf moment in book one when they started to..."

Oh, yes, the romance. Geh. I mean he's trying to kill her and WHAM, "I LOVE YOU SO BAD I FEEL MY HEART IS BEING RIPPED OUT WITHOUT YOU!" kinda deal. W-T-F? I would have liked it better if they had gotten together in the last book instead of all these hijinks throughout the series.


Raizza Mae Cinco AMEN to you! can I give your review 5 stars instead of this crappy series?


Krystle Raizza wrote: "AMEN to you! can I give your review 5 stars instead of this crappy series?"

Oh, yes. ;).


message 47: by Kyra (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kyra Richter I read this and immediately understood you meant Ash gives fairies a bad name.
I commend ANY writer who gets published, because you will never please everyone; few do.
I am giving this series a "three book try" but I agree: so far, I DON'T like her take on fairies. It reads like (and please forgive me for this) anime. With overlong overdone feelings and expressions and crying and too cold and too silly (Meg, Ash and Puck). And goes on and on, the leaning, the hands raking perfect hair. ugh.


message 48: by Kyra (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kyra Richter Love your review BTW, as it gives me an idea of what I have coming. I am on book two and getting a little worn down by the characters, yet still want to like this!


message 49: by Kyra (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kyra Richter .....Aaaaand, I think authors should NOT stay away from GR, they need to read the bad with the good it may help them decide where they want to go with their writing. I do believe they need to hold back on responding beyond a "thank you".
Yes, this is brutal, but it is the author's choice to please the "fans" and ignore those who didn't like their books, or try to improve from what the negatives have to say! Sheesh. (this is after reading JK's blog about negative reviews.
As a reader, and the one with the $, I love reviews here, and believe them over the crap that paid book reviewers put out!


message 50: by Kyra (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kyra Richter oops, I meant manga, not anime. o.O


« previous 1
back to top