George's Reviews > This Time Together: Laughter and Reflection

This Time Together by Carol Burnett

Aug 21, 2013

bookshelves: nook-ereads, lacpl-ebook, audiobooks
Read from August 10 to 21, 2013 , read count: 2

(Less bland in audio format)

Now, the senility begins/continues. I was at least three hours into the audiobook of This Time Together: Laughter and Reflection, by Carol Burnett, before I realized that the anecdotes I was hearing ware very familiar. Familiar, but none-the-less enjoyable listening.

Sure enough, a quick consult with—my favorite memory outsource—confirmed that I had read an eBook edition of this book when it was first published, three years ago.

Three years later, the audiobook, narrated by Carol Burnett was even more enjoyable and less bland. I’m glad I listened to it.

Here’s what I had to say about this book, back when...

Carol Burnett’s recent memoir: ‘This Time Together: Laughter and Reflections’ is longer on the reflections and shorter on the laughter. As an incurable pushover for celebrity anecdotes—any celebrity’s anecdotes, but most especially a celebrity as clever and courteous as Carol Burnett—I did indeed find her book to be, at the very least, a 2-1/2+ stars enjoyable read.

Recommendations: Tim Conway, Harvey Korman, James Stewart, Cary Grant, Marlon Brando, Vikki Lawrence, Lucille Ball, Beverly Sills, Julie Andrews and a cast of dozens more: It’s hard not to find something to enjoy about this book.

Overdrive MP3 audiobook edition, 5:40 hours, on loan from:

[nook eRead #30:] Adobe Digital Edition (ePub), 226 pages
pages: on loan from the Los Angeles County Public Library at

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read This Time Together.