Crystal Marcos's Reviews > Swamp Angel

Swamp Angel by Anne Isaacs

Aug 05, 10

2 1/2 stars~I started with Swamp Angel, it looked interesting. I liked the cover and I have to say I wanted to like this book more than I did. The title itself is a promising title. I couldn't really get into the story. I found myself more interested in the illustrations themselves. Again, I liked the cover but once I got inside I wasn't really thrilled. I agree with Kathryn I like the tall tale aspect of the story but I didn't feel it really delivered. I also couldn't get past the tobacco and wine in a children's story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Swamp Angel.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Lisa Vegan I'll be reading this tomorrow and now I'm not feeling very enthusiastic. Snuff? Really?!

Crystal Marcos I need to fix my review I just realized it was a tobacco pouch with tobacco emptied onto a nose to cause sneezing. However, it did make me think it was ground tobacco sniffed through the nose (snuff). If you didn't ask that is what I would have remembered.

Ronyell I'm about to read this too, so I'll have to see how it comes out. Awesome review by the way!!!

Lisa Vegan Thanks, Crystal. Well, even so. I shall see. I've read 3, 1 a long time ago, I have 3 to read tomorrow, and 1 to pick up at the library next week, hopefully on Monday or Tuesday. Then, I will have read all 7 for our group. I hope Ronyell and I like it better than you, but I'm glad I'm going in without high expectations.

Ronyell Me too Lisa! I've just read 3 book so far and I'm planning on reading the rest in a couple of days, so I'm really looking forward to reading this book!

Crystal Marcos I am eager to hear what you both think.

Kathryn Great review, Crystal. It seems like this was not really a favorite with the group, which is interesting since it seemed to get generally favorable reviews elsewhere.

Crystal Marcos Thanks! It was also interesting to see what everyone thought about this book.