Jackie Sill's Reviews > Bittersweet: Thoughts on Change, Grace, and Learning the Hard Way

Bittersweet by Shauna Niequist

Sep 02, 10

Read from August 05 to September 02, 2010

I hate to mark it as "it was ok" but, the next higher choice is "liked it" and I feel a little dishonest to say I liked it. I found myself with the interest that I would have reading a stranger's blog. This book reads as if it were a culmination of blogs. I am a blogger and I love writing as a form of self expression and to sort things out. But, I cannot imagine that anyone who does not know me--or for that matter most who do know me--would be that interested in reading my blogs.
The transitions were not tight, they were similar to the silliness that I do to pass time on a Sunday afternoon. There lacked a depth to the insight. And, I kept thinking--maybe I was expecting too much. I picked it up at the Summit Leadership Seminar, so perhaps I expected more. But then, shouldn't there have been more. There were only 2 women authors available at the conference. Surely there are women writers who are producing something that is the caliber of Hybels, Manion or Mulholland.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bittersweet.

08/05/2010 page 15
7.0% "So excited to get her book at the Leadership Summit today! I hope that I get to hear her tomorrow!"
show 1 hidden update…