Paquita Maria Sanchez's Reviews > The Master and Margarita

The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov

Dec 26, 13

bookshelves: literature

I love this book, but I won't assume you're an idiotic bigot if you think it sucks.
85 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Master and Margarita.

The Crimson Fucker yay! this is one of my all times favorites! can't wait to read what you have to say about it!!!

Paquita Maria Sanchez No pressure?

message 3: by The Crimson Fucker (last edited Aug 13, 2010 10:42AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

The Crimson Fucker not at all! but if you say something bad about the cat... you may want to think about leaving the country...

message 4: by Paquita Maria (last edited Aug 13, 2010 05:05PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Paquita Maria Sanchez No way! Behemoth totally rules, and I don't even give a damn if I'm going straight to hellzebub for saying it.

message 5: by Sparrow (last edited Aug 13, 2010 12:24PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sparrow Behemoth is my favorite part of the story. I think there's a point in the middle where it starts to trail and lose its cohesion, though. I felt like I knew what it was about in the beginning and then lost it by the end. I think I need to re-read, though.

ETA: Also, I think this is such a great summary of what's going on in the book!

DoctorM I keep imagining Behemoth with Jeremy Irons' voice...

Paquita Maria Sanchez Oh, and thanks Meredith!!!! I totally luuuurve Behemoth. He was one of the most hilarious characters in the story, for sure.

The Crimson Fucker "it would take much longer than most anyone on this site would be willing to read in order to discuss it all."

dude!!! if i weren't so afraid of your boom sticks i'd hug you!!!!

love the review!

message 9: by Paquita Maria (last edited Aug 13, 2010 05:06PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Paquita Maria Sanchez No boomstick on this one. INTERNET HUUUUUUUUUUUG!!!

The Crimson Fucker yay!!!!!!! *HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUG*

Sally What a kick ass review.

Newengland One of the few worthwhile, post-Golden Era Russian novels.

Paquita Maria Sanchez THANKS, GUYS!
Sally: I am a true believer in the testicle-crushing power of adding curse words to your verbalized thoughts in order to heighten their effectiveness. It just fucking works.
Newengland: Any other suggestions? I'm all ears...errr....eyes.

s.penkevich I really need to read this.

s.penkevich Your list at the top of the review is so spot on. I don't think I can say it any better than that.

Chris Love the cat!! Lol