Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*'s Reviews > Where To Find Harte

Where To Find Harte by Jade Archer

** spoiler alert ** I think this was the best one in the Contact series so far. I liked the different angle Jade went with this one. Instead of the main cat feeling betrayed by someone they thought they could trust, Harte knows from the beginning Logan is there for the sole reason of taking him back. Sure, he tries to persuade Logan not to and even feels a little hurt after they make love and Logan still won’t help him but Harte still knew it was a slim chance Logan would go back on his contract to capture Harte.

So far, all the cats in this series have kinda had backbones in where they stick up for themselves when they most need to but it’s always at a time when things can’t change much. With Harte, it’s clear throughout the whole book he embraces his backbone wholeheartedly. When asking Logan for help doesn’t work, he tries to find help elsewhere by attempting to steal Logan’s ship. When that doesn’t work and he’s captured again only to have Logan rescue him, he refuses to go anywhere with Logan until Logan frees the other cats in the facility.

I liked Harte a lot for that main reason. He wasn’t a pushover and when Logan raged at him for not telling him about what could happen to him if he ran away again, Harte still stuck up for himself and wouldn’t let Logan just get away with that. Well, until Logan says those three magic words. Lol. Although Logan might not seem it, he’s a very likable character, almost as much as Harte is. Even though he’s a bounty hunter, he still has feelings for Harte and when he gets his feelings hurt believing Harte is using him, you just can’t help but feel sympathy for him. Also, he redeems himself for anything bad you might think he did by trying to make Harte happy and rescuing the other cats.

Anyway, I was very delighted with this book and I’m glad that with each story told in this series, they just keep getting better. I can’t wait to see what happens next in this world and which little kitty will have his HEA next. Personally, I hope it’s either Lacey, because I just feel so sorry for the little guy and want to give him a great big hug, or Val, the cat doctor who took it upon himself to help Harte and Logan get back into each other’s good graces.

Definitely recommended. [image error]

For spoilers go here.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Where To Find Harte.

12/10/2010
28.0% "Aww, I want a Harte!!!"
12/11/2010
100.0% 22 comments

message 1: by Jade (new) - added it

Jade Archer Thank you so much for the wonderful review, Nikyta! I'm really glad you liked this book, I certainly enjoyed writing it. Both Lacey and Val will get a story in the not too distant future, but there's still one more kitty from the original five cats that sort contracts from Lore's clan to tell you all about. Ashar is my next challenge in this series. :)

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* Jade wrote: "Thank you so much for the wonderful review, Nikyta! I'm really glad you liked this book, I certainly enjoyed writing it. Both Lacey and Val will get a story in the not too distant future, but there..."

I look forward to it! I can't remember if I've asked you this or not but do you plan to tie them all together in the end. Like have a reunion type thing where they all meet up together or stumble upon each other (lol) so we can see the original 5 in one place?

message 3: by Jade (new) - added it

Jade Archer Yes! Definitely...I just have to get my muse to co-operate. LOL. Because the series is going to be extending on beyond the five original characters I had planned I'm still working on the ideas, but there will be cameos and maybe even some part two books for some of these guys...I don't think any of them are finished their HEA yet! But a reunion is defintely on the cards :)

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* Oh, awesome. Well, I hope your muse cooperates because I can't wait for them!! Lol. I'm glad this will be a long series because I love this world. ^_^

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions I see you are using Smileys now. C will be so pround. I didn't read yur review because of the spoiler warning but i will like it anyway and saw the little face at the bottom

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* :D

I didn't want to put a lot in cuz that's C's thing but I did want to give Jade a little applause.. Lol

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions I thought C wanted you to she said she was your teacher on using them. but yeah you see the picture she used for her review of falling? the one with the mage and the purple fire coming out his hands... It is hot

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* Oh yeah, i saw that!!! I loved it.. but a picture review is C's trademark so I can't steal it... one or two in a review I'll start doing, though.

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions ok yeah i am just not creative enough I should ask her to write my reviews for me... I think her picture should have been the book cover. i almost licked my monitor when i saw it. Kidding i have a little self control

Nikyta *Miss Forgetful* Ahahah... Yeah, right, you aren't kidding, B. ^_^

She'd probably do it if you ask nicely too.. I just love her reviews. They're always either funny, cute, or damned hot. Lmao

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions yeah I love her too she is so funny