Briana Nervig's Reviews > I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell

I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell by Tucker Max

F_50x66
Jan 03, 08

bookshelves: currently-reading, humour, light-reading, non-fiction
Read in January, 2008

Well, where to start?

This book is genuinely a great bathroom read: short stories, easy to pick up and put down without hesitation.....but Tucker Max, although a great story-teller, is really not too adept with his words.

He does what annoys me the most (and would have made my favourite English teacher die inside), and quite often too: he is insanely repetitious in his words and concocts the same descriptions over and over. His vocabulary is limited, and it seems like he just discovered the word "fellate", as he really likes to throw it in at least once per story. It reminds me of a child who came to my house one year on Halloween, dressed like someone from Harry Potter. This kid had obviously just made a momentous discovery: If memory serves me correctly, I believe the word was "Concur", because he must have used it 7 or 8 times in his short visit to my doorstep.

Tucker Max is a total idiot, a complete asshole, and not someone I would like to hang out with often. He has an ego the size of an elephant, and his motives in life are quite ridiculous. I hope, for his sake, that he has grown up a little bit, but somehow I think he'll never get out of his scandalous drunken debaucherous lifestyle...and to think he was in law school! I must say, though, that he probably would be quite a hoot in small doses.

Nevertheless, a fun read. Extremely Entertaining..in it's very own trashy way! I would give the book another 1/2 star if I could - not for it's well-written prose, but for it's far beyond the depths of belief tales, which are actually quite hilarious (as long as I read no more than a few at a time, because otherwise I just get pissed off that someone can be such a moron) - but the book doesn't seem to deserve 4 stars, so I gave it 3.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell.

dateDown_arrow    newest »