Bry's Reviews > The Replacement

Aug 05, 2010

it was ok
bookshelves: audiobook, 2011, urban-fantasy, young-adult, dnf, rubbish
Read from June 30 to July 06, 2011

I tried, I really did I just could not finish this. Some blame lies in the guys voice on the audio book but for the most part the story is just boring. Like counting the bumps on a popcorn ceiling is more entertaining kind of boring.

Firs the audio book - the actor pronounced every word with such elocution that it drew it out unusually long. So in the time it took the actor to read one sentence I could have read 4 if I had the actual book. So that is partially why the story felt so incredibly drawn out.

The other reason the story was slow was just because of the way it was written. The plot was slow to catch on, the mystery that Mackey was not who he said he was wasn't much of a mystery, even the town in general knew of the other's existence and that they were among them.

Seriously this was putting me to sleep which was pretty bad considering I was listening to it while driving my hour and something 2 hour commute back and forth to work. Sleep driving is so not recommended.

Still I did give it an extra star for the absolutely creepy vibe it had - whether that was due to hearing the words or the story itself I have no idea. But it was creepy.

All in all though, I am not wasting any more of my time on this. Next book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Replacement.

06/30/2011
10.0% "Hang a pair of scissors over your babies crib? Sure why the hell not...REALLY??" 3 comments
07/05/2011
23.0% "So far it's creepy, slow, and a bit boring. But I'm trying really hard to stick with it. Sadly though it makes me sleepy which isn't good considering I'm listening to the audiobook while driving to work." 4 comments

Sandy This was not for me. It took a bit of skimming near the end to finish. You're not missing anything!

message 2: by Bry (new) - rated it 2 stars

Bry Sandy wrote: "This was not for me. It took a bit of skimming near the end to finish. You're not missing anything!"

Good to know! :D