Nicole's Reviews > Sink Reflections

Sink Reflections by Marla Cilley

Aug 24, 11

Read from July 01 to August 20, 2011

I have been on the FlyLady email list for a few years but knew I needed to read the book. I finally picked it up at the library. It took me over a month to read it because these kinds of books I tend to read in between other things and I put the fiction as priority. I tried to read just a little bit each day, though. This was a great motivational book for me. I'm hoping that I can now get my "franny" in gear and keep my house in better order. A lot of the points she made were eye-opening for me. Not new concepts by any means, but just the way she stated them made me realize, ah ha, she's right! For example, I've struggled with the concept of cleaning the same thing every day. I've always been of the mindset that when it's dirty, it needs to be cleaned and I need to focus on cleaning the dirt before what's already clean. FlyLady points out that if you clean it regularly, it won't get dirty. Yes, I know, I've been a bit slow, but it finally made sense. I also appreciate her concepts of decluttering and the household being broken into zones, which I haven't tried yet because I'm still on the decluttering aspect. I like how she listed the routines and what needs to be done in each zone and also the helpful sections on moving and vacations. I've resisted buying her premade control journal pages with this info on it when I could make my own at home, but I may just break down and buy them (because I obviously haven't made them yet over the past few years!!) so that I can begin implementing everything instead of sitting here on my "franny."

Really good book at helping people like me who struggle with keeping up on the housework!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sink Reflections.