Sandra's Reviews > Die Marquise von O..., das Erdbeben in Chili

Die Marquise von O..., das Erdbeben in Chili by Heinrich von Kleist

Sep 17, 10

bookshelves: classics, books-i-own, in-german, read-in-2010, uni
Read on September 17, 2010

I skipped reading Die Marquise von O., simply because I don't have to read it and, despite the amazing way it was written, Das Erbeben in Chili didn't really inspire me to read it for fun. It's drama after drama, which is all the more crushing because occasionally it sincerely seems as if things will turn out alright. Rather a quick read, considering it's only 17 pages in a particularly small book, but quite a lot of names which I *couldn't* really remember so it got a bit confusing for me here and there although I think I got the general gist of the story.

What I actually really liked were some of the notes in the back: for example that Chili used to have kings and that Santiago used to be St. Jago in German. Quite amusing fun little facts (which I liked better than the story, that is a little sad).
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Die Marquise von O..., das Erdbeben in Chili.

09/17/2010 page 1
1.15% "Only reading Das Erdbeben in Chili - don't have to read Die Marquise and quite frankly I don't have the time (or interest) to read it right now and so I shall be skipping that."
show 1 hidden update…