Marc's Reviews > Boy Meets Girl

Boy Meets Girl by Meg Cabot

Aug 09, 10

Read from August 05 to 06, 2010

This book was recommended to me because I was looking for more chick-lit. I really should have read some of the sample pages before buying it.

The main problem I had was that it's not a traditional book. It's not told in a straight, normal narrative. There's notes on menus, emails, journal entries, ims, etc. If the other book I wasn't reading didn't already have that (The Historian), I wouldn't have minded as much. All of this makes it easy enough to read and surprisingly fast but it also feels like a gimmick. I don't understand why Meg couldn't have written it normally.

While that's a knock against it, the biggest problem is the ending of Boy Meets Girl. It's not that I didn't expect for the boy to get the girl or the girl to get the boy and things to work out at the end. It's just it's very cheesy and seems rushed. The boy and girl don't know each other all that long for that cheese to happen.

However, I did enjoy the book enough to read something by Cabot again. This time I'll have to check the pages to see if the words are gimmicky or not.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Boy Meets Girl.