Chrissy's Reviews > New Pathways in Psychology: Maslow & the Post-Freudian Revolution

New Pathways in Psychology by Colin Wilson

Aug 10, 10

bookshelves: psychology, non-fiction, picked-up-randomly, philosophy
Read in August, 2006

For a book on existential psychology from Descartes to Maslow (with a particular focus on Maslow, as the author carried a 10-year correspondence with him before his death), it was surprisingly enthralling. Wilson writes the way all brilliant minds should, never wasting a single sentence, packing every page full of information, referencing various philosophies, literary works, poems, and histories as examples or illustrations of his ideas. Although you feel as though your head might burst from the sheer amount of knowledge you take in within ten minutes of reading, Wilson's unflinching and enthusiastic approach to the topic keeps the reader drawn to it, eager to hear more. I have a feeling he could make any topic terribly interesting and beautiful just in the way he expertly expresses his own thirst for knowledge of any sort, and I know I will be reading more of his works in the near future. Brilliant insights and fantastic ideas for the future of psychology of the self, not to mention some wonderfully intuitive philosophies that have already made me feel more "aware".
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read New Pathways in Psychology.