Flannery's Reviews > The Body Finder

The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting

Nov 21, 10

bookshelves: kcls, paranormal, read-in-2010, young-adult-teen
Read from November 20 to 21, 2010

If I were to compile a list of the times characters in books make ridiculously stupid decisions, Violet Ambrose would fill several slots in the top 40 or so. There are at least 10 conversations in this book about how Violet should never go anywhere alone and they ALL end up with her being somewhere alone almost directly after each one. I wanted to punch her in the face. But, as you can see, I gave it three stars. Why? Well, mostly because Jay is a pretty adorable character. I liked their friendship and his protective vibe, though I found it annoying that he always just happened to be there when she needed saving. (view spoiler)

The plot moved along, though it wasn't especially well-written. It was entertaining and a quick read, so for that I'll give it the 3. I'll probably read the next one...

(view spoiler)I still enjoyed the story, but the crime part of it was too hurried and not realistic enough.
14 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Body Finder.

11/20/2010 page 120

message 1: by Elle (new) - added it

Elle I've got this one ready to read but I can't look at your spoilery review. damn. Tell me why the three stars??

Flannery Ah! I unspoilered it--I read it when the option wasn't available to only spoiler some parts. Other people really seemed to like this one, so maybe these things won't bother you...but they definitely bothered me:-/

Megan Violet Ambrose is more than a little TSTL ~ you were very kind in this review ;)

Flannery When Elle wrote that comment, I went back and read my review and thought something very similar;-) But Jay was pretty adorable:-)

Megan Hmmm... I don't remember much about Jay other than Violet acted awfully damn dumb around him. Wasn't she always being picked up & carried away?

Flannery DEFINITELY. Did my edit just get published in the feed? I swear I unchecked the box. I just finished Dreamfever two seconds ago...and I don't have Shadowfever nearby. Blerg.

message 7: by Megan (last edited Feb 06, 2011 12:28AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Megan Yeah, it was on my feed.

Flannery (view spoiler)

Megan Yes, that was an irritating moment. My least favorite was (view spoiler)

Flannery (view spoiler)

message 11: by Megan (last edited Feb 06, 2011 12:52AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Megan (view spoiler)

message 12: by Vinaya (new)

Vinaya (view spoiler)