Khy's Reviews > The Iron Daughter

The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa

Aug 08, 10

Read on August 04, 2010

I adored The Iron King, so I was both excited and nervous to read the sequel. I was SO happy that I adored this book as well-- maybe even a little more than I liked The Iron King.

I'll start with the negative first: I STILL don't see the appeal of Ash. I don't know why Meghan likes him, other than the fact that he looks like Ben Barnes. All he does is go around and act emo (he has a reason but still). I definitely prefer the lighthearted, funny, beautiful, fabulous, amazing, better-than-Ash, Puck.

I loved all the action in The Iron Daughter. I hate slow books, and while the first part of this book was not as enthralling as the rest, there was still plenty of excitement from beginning to end. Meghan and the crew* once again encounter a wide variety of creatures in the land of Nevernever, and each new encounter produced some awesome, and sometimes hilarious, adventure. The new creatures and characters also helped to expand the fabulous world Kagawa has created, but I'm hoping for more of them in the last book of the series because they could still be more developed.

And one last thing: BLOOOOD! Maybe it's the inner crazy in me coming out, but I loved all the fighting in this book. I wish Meghan had been more involved, at least with the action-y bits, because it was so interesting to read about all the politics and bloodshed involved with the developing tension between the Summer and Winter courts.

As you can tell, I'm not very good at reviewing sequels since I feel like I've said it all before. All you really need to know is The Iron Daughter rocks, much like the first book in the series. I cannot wait to see what happens in The Iron Queen since I really have no clue where the series will be heading.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Iron Daughter.

08/04/2010 page 86
23.0% "So. Good."
08/04/2010 page 132
36.0% "*squeal*"
08/04/2010 page 213
58.0% "SQUEAL" 1 comment
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carli J (new)

Carli J I love that you like Puck better. In the story, I think I LIKE Ash better (that's just my dramatic side coming out.) But I have to honestly say... Puck is better.

Audrey (holes In My brain) completely agree with you on Ash. I dont get what shes attracted to either (besides his physique)!