Jon's Reviews > The Death of the West: How Dying Populations and Immigrant Invasions Imperil Our Country and Civilization

The Death of the West by Patrick J. Buchanan

Aug 04, 10

bookshelves: nonfiction
Read in July, 2010

This book explains and illuminates the decline of Western Civilization. It’s not a prediction, it’s a fact. This decline is going on under the collective noses of Americans, Europeans, and Japanese.

Why are birthrates well below replacement level? Why do western men and women choose pleasure over family? Why is it no longer ok to be a patriot, to love the country of one’s birth? Pat Buchanan succinctly explains the root of this decline and what can be done to reverse it. A must read for all Americans –indeed for patriots of Western Civilization the world over.

I give it four starts and not five because Buchanan threw in a comment or two that betray his Son’s of the Confederacy (SC)- based view of the Civil War. He is a southern rights apologist who cannot help himself.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Death of the West.

Comments (showing 1-1)

dateUp arrow    newest »

message 1: by Felicity (new)

Felicity My only issue with the concept of this book from the start is that the world is over populated and the population is only ever increasing. Where will we find the resources to feed these extra people. Also, my dad has been to Pakistan a few times and has Pakistani colleagues. They quite bluntly tell him that the reason a lot of them have massive families, despite being in poverty, is because that is what they are told to do so that when there is the next major battle with Israel they will outnumber the Isralies and will survive. Does Patrick really want us to return to those barbaric days?