Laura's Reviews > Hot Finish

Hot Finish by Erin McCarthy

Aug 04, 10

bookshelves: ebook, 2010, romance-sports, romance-contemporary, release-2010
Read from August 03 to 04, 2010

This is the 3rd in the Fast Track series. Suzanne and Ryder's relationship has been a staple in the first two books and in this one it comes to the fore front. They are divorced, but still have a hot relationship. Although the last two years have mostly been hot with arguments, there is still a spark between them that isn't about anger. When news arrives that their divorce was never finalized, things take a strange turn. Both start to question their relationship and wonder what really went wrong between them. As Suzanne coordinates a wedding for Ryder's race car buddy, Jonas, and his crazy fiancee, marriage and relationships are constantly on the brain.

The last two books have been leading up to this one. I've been so excited for Suzanne and Ryder's story that I could barely wait for it to be released. I started out reading this with such enthusiasm. The attraction and sexy bantering was fun and exciting. Ryder's buddies were funny and the bride-to-be was outrageous. I couldn't help but laugh and some of the craziness.

Suzanne is funny with her dark sarcasm and Ryder plays right along with it. They have great chemistry that just made me root for them to work things out.

At some point, I started to get a little annoyed. The sexy banter stopped being sexy and became a little raunchy. All they seemed to do was talk about sex--more specifically oral sex--and body parts. It seemed to overwhelm the story and ruined it a little for me--I didn't really need to read the phrase, "mossy balls". Along with that, there was too much thinking about them not communicating, but none of them actually communicating. They really were a little messed up.

The story itself was a little contrived and predictable. It was plainly obvious the way the story was going to go from early on in the book. I didn't quite mind, but it ruins the allure of the story. It made it easy for me to put the book down and go do something else.

In the end, I was happy to see a conclusion for Suzanne and Ryder, but it just failed to meet my high expectations.

Evan Monroe, the lead in the next book, The Chase, was given more face time and I am interested in watching him fall for the right woman.

Sensuality: Burning - includes lots of sex, oral sex, and sexy banter

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hot Finish.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by willaful (new)

willaful You had me at "mossy balls." ;-) I was kind of intrigued by this one, but I'm not that into McCarthy -- I don't find people thinking about sex all the time all that interesting.