Ni_kii's Reviews > Love Bites

Love Bites by Lynsay Sands

I enjoyed this book. It was funny, inventive and well written. It threw me a curve ball at first becasue the style of writing felt very YA but that didnt bother me and I loved the charcters.

Etienne is the typical PNR hero in the fact that he is sexy as hell but bored with his existance. Atypically the guy is not the smooth talking, swaggering predator we see in other series. He literally has no clue how to deal with Rachel. Rachel is a person who he has to turn as she is injured saving his life. This is where I fell for the guy. In sands mythology you can only turn one person so it tends to be their "Life-mate" or one true love. Etienne has no idea if she will accept him or not but he cannot let her die trying to save him which means in making this choice he may have doomed himself to a lifetime of being alone. I also like Rachel. She was fiery, but not in a bitchy way, but sensible. I enjoyed the fact she didnt run from him. She literally didnt know how he felt because the guy is clueless but still kept going with their burgeoning relationship until she had a reason not to.

The writing was very funny and fresh which made it a refreshing change from the normal dark world these PNR are set in. Well worth a read

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love Bites.