Stacey Jo's Reviews > Special Forces

Special Forces by Aleksandr Voinov

1950408
Sep 26, 11

bookshelves: 3-mm-i-own, mm-military, all-time-favorite-books, favorite-books, mm-action-suspense, mm-dark, mm-tear-jerker, series-part-of, mm-free-online, 5-confirmed-owned
Read from September 20 to 26, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 1

This goes on my coveted All-Time Favorites shelf. If I could give it 6 or more stars I would. This is one of those stories that just gets into your heart and your mind and won't leave you. The level of violence that this book starts out with is astounding. I actually started reading it once and stopped but read it a second time along with a friend. I highly recommend reading this book WITH someone, as it's a book that you need to bounce your thoughts off another with. It's an emotional story, that is violent, sad, and complex, yet can make you want to sigh with the warm and fuzzies, and there is so much going on, it helps to discuss it.

The start is brutal, with Vadim's evil act upon Dan. It's clear Vadim strives on power over others. And the hatred while they are in the mountains is palpable. But I thoroughly enjoyed watching the tides change in their relationship, seeing Dan start to see Vadim in a different light. And to see their hatred slip away. I loved watching the extremely slow progression of their relationship as it unfolded throughout the pages. The background of the story is extremely interesting and full of lots of detail of the war. It's clear how much they are falling for each other for all the trouble they go through to be together, being enemies, on opposites sides of the war. The sex is so freakin' hot! And when they finally acknowledge and say "I love you"... OMG! It is one of those moments that you could just melt away and your heart absolutely stops.

When you start this series, realize that it is a LONG one, and that you will want to read them back to back because it's so unbelievalby good that it consumes you and you can't put them down. So block off a huge chunk of time, or prepare for many sleepless nights ;o)
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Special Forces.