Cheryl's Reviews > The Duke of Shadows

The Duke of Shadows by Meredith Duran

Aug 27, 11

bookshelves: historical-romance, recommended-to-me, books-i-own, all-time-favorites
Recommended to Cheryl by: Dhestiny
Read from August 25 to 26, 2011

Wow! What can I say about this book that has not been said already? I think I'll skip describing the plot, for it has been done in other magnificent reviews, instead I'll describe my feelings for it the best I can. In one word, this book is sublime!

This book put me through a broad range emotions -laughter, anger, sadness and anxiousness. I loved the conversations between Julian and Emma, some of them were so funny -especially when Julian was taunting Emma!

The scenes in India were so vivid to me.. all of the sights and sounds came to life and I felt, too, as if I were there. And then the times they were caught in the midst of battle -they were heartbreaking and I found myself holding my breath waiting to see if they would make it out alright!

And then the scene in Lockwood's ballroom -Oh!- I thought I might die waiting to see what would happen! (A little dramatic, I know!)

Thank you, to many of my friends, who recommended this story to me -Dhestiny, you were the one who originally encouraged me to read it- and then my friend Rach so graciously gave me this book for Christmas! What I wonder is why I waited so long to begin reading it, especially seeing how I read it in under 24 hours!!

I recommend this book to all Historical Romance lovers -and especially those who love a powerfully moving and gripping story!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Duke of Shadows.

08/25/2011 page 101
27.0% 3 comments
08/26/2011 page 179
48.0% "So very good! Can I do nothing else today but read this book?!"
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* Yay! You're reading this! Interested to see what you think. I hope you love it, too!

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... I can't wait to read your review!

Sarita i am so glad you sent this my way! I hAve been searching for a 5 star romance...I'll read this one as soon as midterms are over. <3

Cheryl I hope you love it, Sara!! I thought it was wonderful!!! Midterms-- UGH!! AND with a baby!!! Good luck to you!!

Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* Great review, Cheryl! I'm so happy you loved this, too! This is among my absolute favourite HRs! I just LOVED Julian and Emma and their resonating and epic story!

Cheryl Thank you, Jayne! Yes it was divine!!! (Let's see how many adjectives I can use to describe this book!) :)

Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* Cheryl wrote: "Thank you, Jayne! Yes it was divine!!! (Let's see how many adjectives I can use to describe this book!) :)"

^_^ There just aren't enough adjectives for how amazing this book is!

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) Excellent review, Cheryl. I'm glad you loved it!

Cheryl Thanks Danielle, I loved it very much!

Here's a question to any of you who have read this: Is there going to be a book for Lockwood and his wife?? I was very intrigued as to what that was about!

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) Cheryl, I was wondering/hoping the same thing!

Cheryl Lady Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "Cheryl, I was wondering/hoping the same thing!"

I just sent Meredith Duran an email regarding Lockwood.. I'll let you know what she says!

Cheryl Ok, I heard back from Meredith Duran, and she said she definitely plans on writing Lockwood and Anna's book soon.. if not the next one she writes then soon after that!! Yay!!!

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) That's awesome news. Thanks for asking, Cheryl!

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... That IS great news!!

Love your review, Cheryl!

Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* Cheryl wrote: "Ok, I heard back from Meredith Duran, and she said she definitely plans on writing Lockwood and Anna's book soon.. if not the next one she writes then soon after that!! Yay!!!"

Oh, YAY!! That's awesome news! Thanks for asking and for letting us know, Cheryl!

Sarita okay I'm reading it this weekend!

Cheryl Thanks Dhes!

And, YAY, we can all do a happy dance together for Lockwood's book!!

Sara, I'm anxious to hear how you like it!

Sarita I looooooooved (sing - song) it! I want to read it again...honestly. I bought this one for my tablet'
, and now I have to buy it in paperback to add to my all time favorite shelf at home! Can't wait to see you tomorrow to talk all about it. ;-)

Cheryl Yay, Sara!!! I'm so glad you loved it and I can't wait to talk about it at lunch!!!