Stacey Jo's Reviews > Deceptions

Deceptions by Jourdan Lane

1950408
Apr 26, 11

bookshelves: vampires, mm-contemporary, mm-paranormal, series-part-of, werewolves, mm-shifters, 3-mm-i-own, 4-mm-i-ve-read, favorite-books, mm-angels, mm-demons
Read from April 21 to 26, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 1

A fabulous follow up to Bound by Blood! The plot is really beginning to thicken in this second part. We were introduced to some new characters: a demon/incubus with a very interesting anatomy; an angel; and a new master vampire. Peter, although he often seems whiny and spoiled, is starting to step more into his role as "co-master" of the coven. There is not nearly enough Lucien in this book but that is for very good reason which you learn when you read ;0) Some of the more minor characters from the first book get a bigger role here. We get to learn more about the Lycans which I loved. There are some very interesting developments going on with Peter and the Lycans that are leading up to the next book Sacrifice. This second book has some really hot sex scenes. This author knows how to do a good threesome/foursome which I really do appreciate ;0D but this second book is more plot heavy than the first book.

This is one of my most favorite m/m paranormal series and I hope Ms. Lane doesn't plan on ending it anytime soon. She's brilliant when it comes to building the world of the vamps and the weres and she keeps adding the coolest and most amazing characters. The sex is hot, the characters are beautiful, and the world is some place I'd love to be. Can't wait to start the next one.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deceptions.