Jenny's Reviews > The Loop

liked it
bookshelves: fiction, animals, romance
Recommended for: romance fans
Read from July 13 to September 03, 2010 , read count: 1

At last I've finished this one. I have no idea why it took me so long to read, but it has taken me a good couple of months to get through.

The first thing I will point out to you all is that this is a bit of a romance novel. Maybe it's obvious because it's by Nicholas Evans, but I wouldn't know as I've never read any of his stuff before. I've had The Horse Whisperer on my bookshelf for a long time and should probably have given that a go first. But I picked this up at a car boot sale for 20p and it has wolves on the front cover, so being more of a wolf lover than a horse lover, I thought I'd give this one a go first.

Evans is a really good story teller, his characters were developed well and the plot of the book, in general, was very well though out. There were a few bits that I felt were a bit far fetched and suddenly very action filled; the rest of the book had been quite mellow and well... realistic.

I think my problem with this book was that I read it for the wolf story. And when the story was about the wolves I really enjoyed it. When the story was about Helen and her love affair with an 18 year old boy, Evans had kinda lost me. Thankfully I would say that the majority of the story is about the wolves and becomes less so near the end.

Overall this is a good read and I would recommend it to someone who likes their romance novels with a bit of a twist, or a bit different lets say.

Will I read the Horse Whisperer? I think so, but for now I need something a little more gritty on my life.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Loop.

08/03/2010 page 108
21.0% "Bad move to pick up this book before I'd finished reading Bridge of Birds :S I'm hooked!"
08/13/2010 page 202
40.0% "Enjoying this book. My first Nicholas Evans!"
08/30/2010 page 325
64.0% "I'm enjoying this, so why is it taking so long to get through!?! I need to make a start on Shutter Island!"
show 1 hidden update…