Bridge's Reviews > Succubus Blues

Succubus Blues by Richelle Mead

Apr 04, 12

bookshelves: angels-and-demons
Recommended for: Anyone who likes Fantasy books.
Read from March 20 to April 05, 2012 — I own a copy

All in all, a good, funny and exciting read.
Plot: 4/5. It was an interesting take on the Succubus and thumbs up to Richelle Mead for doing something different and not doing the usual angel, fallen angel or vampire (her VA series was brilliant btw. Albeit about vampires, which I am growing sick of reading about, but hers was the best I've read). However, Roman was predictable and I knew what his relevance to the ending of the book would be. I guessed the same about Helena, just not the sister thing. There were a few small but predictable things too.

Characters: 4/5. I liked Georgia and I loved her whit (much like Roses, from VA) and she was just an interesting character. I genuinely felt sorry for her in the end. I felt her pain of wanting to love and be loved without the draw backs of her Succubi powers. Roman was suave and predictable and I didn't find him all too interesting. Seth was a good character and I liked how Seth and Georgia began, at the coffee counter. I liked how his character developed over the book and you grew to like and appreciate him. Carter was a favorite of mine. He was witty, cool, caring and just in general a great character that again, like Seth, developed throughout the book and towards the end I found him quite endearing. Jerome was an interesting character and I wasn't expecting who his son was going to be. He's also quite witty and him and "Gerorgie" together make me laugh.

Not a lot more I can say really. Other than I enjoyed the book and have ordered the second one to read and eagerly anticipate it. I do, however, feel I must say that her Vampire Academy series is better than this series. But I've only read the first so maybe I'll grow in my life and respect for it. But it'll never challenge VA for top favourite shelf position. VA holds that position with great pride.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Succubus Blues.