Mrs. Missive's Reviews > The Starlight Rite

The Starlight Rite by Cherise Sinclair

Aug 05, 2010

Read in August, 2010

Okay...officially a Cherise Sinclair addict. I will read any book she puts out now. While she does have strong themes that run through her books (strong Dom characters, a woman reluctant to submit or new to the scene, and HOT steamy spanky sex), there is enough diversity in her character choices and story lines that I don't feel bored.

This book was the first Sci-Fi tale I have read from Sinclair. In this tale Earth has gone through the "Moral Wars" and sex is deemed for procreation only. Well poor Earthling singer Mella finds herself running for her life from her dick hole husband on a planet that punishes people by selling them for slave labor.

Of course she has to steal to try and get food, so she just so happens to get caught and sold as a sex slave. The one thing that I could have done with less of was the "alien" terminology. Renaming every sexual part/act, and every animal species and social class was a little much. I did discover (after I finished the book) that there was a glossary of the terms in the back. Would have been much more useful had I known it was there.

Even though the terminology had me scratching my head from time to time, the story flowed fantastically. There was action, hot sex, an alien orgy, and a HEA. It was great. Can't wait to read her next book out. And if this book turns into a series....oh I am so there.
3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Starlight Rite.

Comments (showing 1-2)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Aruana Have to agree about the CS addiction, but what a wonderful addiction!

Mrs. Missive It is, isn't it? I need to catch up with her newest. I think I am a book behind now. Don't know how I let that happen.