Danielle's Reviews > Lady Macbeth's Daughter

Lady Macbeth's Daughter by Lisa M. Klein

Aug 24, 10

bookshelves: ya-fiction, historical-fiction
Read in August, 2010

Since I had already gotten this from the library, I thought that I might as well continue the MacBeth theme, since I liked the other book. I've read the first few chapters and this one is also quite readable and interesting, though different from Enter 3 Witches.

UPDATE

Not a bad book, but it dragged a bit in the second half and felt a little padded (since you know where the story is going, I sorta wanted her to get there already). It's well researched, which I liked, and the main character is interesting. The romance is charming, but it's definitely a secondary storyline in this book. The book also portrays Lady MacBeth rather more sympathetically - she's a victim of her domineering husband in this story. But of course that eliminates the character's power, which is part of what makes her such a compelling literary creation. Anyway, now I feel more interested to get started with Lady MacBeth by Susan Fraser King, which I already have via the Kindle app on my cell phone.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lady Macbeth's Daughter.