Marissa Dobson's Reviews > Naked

Naked by Megan Hart

Aug 02, 10

bookshelves: read-in-2010
Read in August, 2010

I have to admit Naked is the first book I have read by Megan Hart, but I have no doubt it won't be my last. I can't believe I waited so long to read anything by Megan Hart.

Naked is Alex Kennedy's book, and is part of a series. I personally didn't have any problem with reading this book and none of the others in this series. I didn't feel lost or that I was missing something big.

I loved how mysterious Alex was, but I got a little tired of how he thought he was irresistible. Alex did have the ability to say the sweetest things, that will have you melting. My other complaint about Alex is that he wanted to know about Olivia but whenever she would ask about him he would close up and didn't want to talk about it. I felt that by the end of Naked that we would find out he had some deep dark secret but that never came.

Naked is written in Olivia's point of view. I loved that Olivia had a strong past, she was burned by a man. She was hurt but couldn't cut the emotional strings. I loved that, it proves that sometimes letting go is the hardest thing, and hurts a lot. I loved that Olivia could be both somewhat insecure and still strong at heart. That really worked for Olivia's character. Even though she was still somewhat attached to the man who hurt her, she was able to see the potential in Alex. She wanted her chance at happiness and goes for it.

Naked had some other wonderful characters. One of my favorites was Sarah, Olivia's best friend. She was hilarious, and had me laughing. She added a lighter tone to Naked that I loved.

Naked focuses on some strong touchy topics, homosexuality, religion, family, and how they affect Olivia and the other characters. Megan Hart has a way to her writing, that makes you think about yourself and your life. Naked is a sexy, yet thought provoking novel.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Naked.